LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i do? will i have to take out the lower a-arm to release the pressure? also, the worst thing is that as it got towed to my house, i drove it in as i could still drive it and the brakes completely failed, and i crashed it into the end of my garage.

is it normal for the brakes to fail if the cylinder isn't sitting right or am i dealing with two completely separate problems?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that sounds like it, but i'm pretty sure i checked the brake line and it looked ok, better check tomorrow in the daylight. thats the only thing that could do it right?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya u gotta break the ball joint to get the pressure off the a arms

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 6 2007, 04:57 AM~8942558
ya u gotta break the ball joint to get the pressure off the a arms
x2......

·
Registered
563 Posts
if u have a torch cut the coil in pieces were it is so then u can just unbolt like normal..

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Originally posted by Lee337@Oct 6 2007, 05:48 PM~8944705
wtf

is this a common problem?

never heard of a coil shattering before
Does the spring look pitted and rusting away? I had one break on a Regal a right rear spring because the car was from Ohio and the weather caused the spring to corrode and lost its ability to flex, they turn brittle and eventually break.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i got it out. had to do a bit of a macguyver with a bit of wood and old jack but its out. the springs were only a year old. i bought em off a guy who does a lot of hydraulic installations. i have heard of this happening when the springs are cut with an oxy or somethin but yeah, weird. now i guess i'm gonna change all four.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
IVE NEVER BROKE A COIL, HYDRAULICS OR NOT!

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 7 2007, 09:54 AM~8946681
IVE NEVER BROKE A COIL, HYDRAULICS OR NOT!

You must not be pushin it to the limit :0 :0

:biggrin: I broke some in my bed :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by spinner@Oct 7 2007, 05:00 AM~8946452
well i got it out.  had to do a bit of a macguyver with a bit of wood and old jack but its out. the springs were only a year old.  i bought em off a guy who does a lot of hydraulic installations.  i have heard of this happening when the springs are cut with an oxy or somethin but yeah, weird. now i guess i'm gonna change all four.

u can cut them with torch..i dont but the key is letting it cool on its on if u put water on a hot coil u have ruined it...i bought like 3 sets of hilow jammers coils during there breakdown and every set broke snapped the metal was really shitty ...i hope they have got things together...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah well in australia the lowered springs you buy aren't low enough, so you pretty much have to cut em if you want a low ride. ima just hit some more 2-ton coils up, use a grinder.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by spinner@Oct 7 2007, 03:58 PM~8947899
yeah well in australia the lowered springs you buy aren't low enough, so you pretty much have to cut em if you want a low ride.  ima just hit some more 2-ton coils up, use a grinder.

invest in a band saw , it will save you time :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by supreme@Oct 7 2007, 11:35 AM~8946778
You must not be pushin it to the limit :0  :0
:biggrin: I broke some in my bed :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
YOUR RIGHT, BEST I EVER DID WAS 40" AND THEM 4.5TONS TAKE IT LIKE A CHAMP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts