LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on replacing my these parts on my front end

Would it be very difficult? Me and my pop have already pulled the engine and put one back in and it runs damn good. so i figure if we could do that this wouldn't be so difficult. of course i would send it for an alignment afterwards.

thanks in advance for the replies

·
McAsshole
1,891 Posts
it's cake

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
get a ball joint fork-5 lb sledge hammer(regular hammer will work just have to hit the ball joint fork harder and more)basic wrench set and needle nose pliers for pins in castle nut(get a lil screwdriver too-pins break some times and youll have to drive them thru the castle nut)take off pins-castle nuts-use ball joint fork n hammer on ends-put new shit on-tighten up everything-get tie rods even as u can then get to allignment shop :cool: (if your doin ball joints too youll need a coil spring compresser(the single compresser not the 2 like u use for struts)remove shock-compress spring-take pin and nut off top side of spindle-use fork to get ball joint out of spindle-drill out factory rivets-bolt in new ball joints-and put back together)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS GUYS. BY THE WAY THE KIT IS FROM SPOHN PERFORMANCE IF ANYBODY WAS WONDERING.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by ReyRey@Oct 1 2007, 06:16 AM~8905617
THANKS GUYS. BY THE WAY THE KIT IS FROM SPOHN PERFORMANCE IF ANYBODY WAS WONDERING.
how much that kit run you?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by srercrcr@Oct 1 2007, 04:20 AM~8905421
Be careful...that coil spring can kill ya.
x2 hell yea itll hurt ya bad if not kill ya thats y i said use compresser fo real

1 - 9 of 9 Posts