LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just picked up a 82 Caddy Coupe DeVille. The front seems to be raising and lowering unevenly. How can this be fixed? I'm new to hydraulics, and don't really have a clue. I have read some threads, is it the slowdown, and is the slowdown the thing that was a thing that spins? Sorry i'm so clueless.

Also, should i be worrying about driving with the disconnect connected? When i drive, i keep the switchbox disconnected. Can anything bad happen, or am i just be paranoid?

·
Registered
709 Posts
how many pumps to the front? fill the tanks with oil pick the front of your ride up and open your hood take a rench and loosen the hose on your cylinder one at a time this will get the air out of your hoses thats proably what your problem is dont take the fitting completly off just enough to were fluid comes out that side will drop down then repeat for the other side. about your ground dont worry about leaving it connected when your driving or the switchbox either just dissconect them when u park ur ride.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
is the car level when dropped fully and level when lifted fully ?

is there a really big difference in the lift speed for each side ? how much ?

If you have two pumps to the front, the slow down (tap type thing) on each pump will control the speed that the fluid returns to the tank when you drop the ride height, the side of the car with the car battery in the front (normally passenger side) will drop slightly quicker due to the extra weight, use the valves to even this out by having the passenger side close slightly more than the drivers side It can also cause the heavier side to lift very slightly slower than the lighter side.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Jul 27 2005, 10:11 PM
could be a bunch of things...the coils could be cut differently...which caddy did you pick up?
[snapback]3494255[/snapback]​
exactly. #1 reason is usually the springs cut uneven. It could even be that your cylinder gets stuck. If it helps you out start from the cheapest thing.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
the rear can make the front uneven. bleed the rear lines also and check the coils and spring perches etc.

check the oil. do it with the car all the way down unless you like making a mess. like they said, bleed it at the cylinder. i like to use hydro fluid, aw 48 is good all around fluid.

if that doesnt fix the problem, check the coils. take them out and stand em next to each other. they should be exactly the same. try swapping from side to same. maybe a coil broke before and they only replaced the 1 instead of the pair.

if that doesnt fix it, i would look at the gears/motors. try swapping motors side to side, if it doesnt fix it. buy 2 new gears.

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by beyondstockcav@Jul 28 2005, 11:21 PM
once you figure out what your problem is I would start working on that trunk setup to get it looking as good as the outside bro....
[snapback]3501893[/snapback]​
for sure! it's probably gonna be the same for a while till i get some more money though, i'm broke now!

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, so it actually looks like the passenger front cylinder just won't extend as far as the other one when i hit the switch for the front. what is the most likely thing that's wrong, sorry for all the questions.

P.S., is there any mods that can change my name to LacN_Thru?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by cuttn_thru@Jul 29 2005, 11:13 PM
ok, so it actually looks like the passenger front cylinder just won't extend as far as the other one when i hit the switch for the front. what is the most likely thing that's wrong, sorry for all the questions.

P.S., is there any mods that can change my name to LacN_Thru?
[snapback]3507458[/snapback]​
ha ha ha ha ha :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I thought that was the cadi from the pics, I gave you the nod from a white impala today. Have fun with the new ride, and let me know if the cutty with the nice interior goes up for sale, I have a friend lookin for a g body project.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by beyondstockcav@Jul 29 2005, 04:21 AM~3501893
once you figure out what your problem is I would start working on that trunk setup to get it looking as good as the outside bro....
ok constructive critisism ... you could move the chrome fromt pump to the center ... and air brackets for the rear pumps .. and paint the resivior tanks to match your exterior color ...

but anyways that caddy looks tight to me ... i have a pair of wicked "lona and sons back plates ... that could be polished up .. i dont have the rods thou ... but i'm sure some caddy back plates would be tight to def ..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts