LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can hear and see it going down but no leaks I tighten up all the fitting front and in the trunk on the pump do you think I need to change the hose going from the trunk to the front man I don't know why it is going down can anyone think of why this could be happening maybe the hoses are old I got new hoses but I just don't know when it goes down I can feel it on the hose when I grab the hose I feel a thump but it is probably from the vibration help! :uh:

Attachments

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
try to shut your slow down valve. If the front dont move then clean or replace your checkvalve. It does not take much to jam a common checkvalve and then it stays open thus letting fluid through.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Originally posted by Silentdawg@Sep 3 2005, 10:30 AM~3745211
try to shut your slow down valve. If the front dont move then clean or replace your checkvalve. It does not take much to jam a common checkvalve and then it stays open thus letting fluid through.
You mean if he closes the slow down and the car still drops then it's the checkvalve. If it stays up then it's in the dump! ;) Get it right homie. handing out bad info. :biggrin: j/p.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay I am going to try it be right back :(

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I closed the checkvalve and it still dropped down but the checkvalve is not that old can they go out that quick these are pics of the front pump and it is a street setup not show material :0

Attachments

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW where is the checkvalve located on this pump and can it be cleaned
I Know it's been awhile since I had to mess with the pump :uh:

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
check is just under the dump........ reason it aint holdin it up, your running a single to both cylenders, thats alot of weight for that little check valve. whne you replace t be SURE to replace it facing the right way

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
does not have to do with ageing, it just takes a small metal fragment to block the valve so it does not function properly. One of my homies discovered several metal flakes in his brand new tank from a well known supplier so it is probably a good idea to blow em clean with compressed air before fitting.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Silentdawg@Sep 3 2005, 11:49 AM~3745450
no 2, under the dump. As homie said, be sure to check wich way it goes. Fits both ways but work only one way.
cool I think there is a arrow on the checkvale pointing down so I am going to break the dump down and get the checkvalve off how should I clean it I have a compressor should I blow it out like that?

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
It may very well just need that, if that doesnt work remove the small retainer clip carefully and take it apart. It is a spring loaded ball that when pressurized lets trough the oil. Maybe the spring gets fatigued and need some stretch also if the problem consists...Im told you can just stretch them out but better get another opinion on that since I never had to do it myself.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Silentdawg@Sep 3 2005, 12:13 PM~3745554
It may very well just need that, if that doesnt work remove the small retainer clip carefully and take it apart. It is a spring loaded ball that when pressurized lets trough the oil. Maybe the spring gets fatigued and need some stretch also if the problem consists...Im told you can just stretch them out but better get another opinion on that since I never had to do it myself.
Okay I just needs to take the checkvalve from the dump
having a hard time without a vise the ball is moving up
and down freely when I push it in if it was stuck would it push
in
:uh:

Attachments

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
yes it would............. now pull it completely off the dump ( remembering wich way the ball faces ) and push the ball in again blowing it out with air. clean it verry well, then reinstall.
it takes the SMALLEST peice of teflon or metal chip to get it NOT to close, and that will drop the car back down.

good luck. cool seeing someone doin it shit "live"

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
the end were you can see the shiney ball would go down onto the block,new check is about 7 bucks,i guess your in st.louis area....they have them at cmw autosports on bayless

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Sep 3 2005, 12:50 PM~3745650
yes it would............. now pull it completely off the dump ( remembering wich way the ball faces )  and push the ball in again blowing it out with air. clean it verry well, then reinstall.
it takes the SMALLEST peice of teflon or metal chip to get it NOT to close, and that will drop the car back down.   
good luck. cool seeing someone doin it shit "live"
Man it is tough because I am holding the top of the dump with vise grips and using plyers to hold the checkvalve and it is hard to get a grip so it will be a minute I'll keep you posted :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 3 2005, 12:55 PM~3745669
the end were you can see the shiney ball would go down onto the block,new check is about 7 bucks,i guess your in st.louis area....they have them at cmw autosports on bayless
did not know they were so cheap plus I called them and got know answer :uh:

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 3 2005, 12:55 PM~3745669
I did not know they were so cheap plus I called and I got no answer that sucks :angry:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.