LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front motor works at times. I hit the switch when I'm ready to roll and works fine the first time but then I hit it again and either only the driver side goes up or both sides don't go up at all. I wait a while and it works again a couple of times and then fails again with the same symptoms... Either only driver side goes up or both sides don't go up at all. At the time of failure, you can hear the motor spinning.

Any ideas fellas???

FYI... Has enough oil and no issue dumping it.

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
bad switch

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 18 2010, 10:00 AM~16326061
bad switch
I don't think it's the switch. It dumps OK and when it fails, you can hear the motor when hitting the switch... But just doesn't go up.

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
check all your connections or it sound like a pressure problem

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
sounds like either a switch is sticking holding the dumps open the checks are fooked or the dumps ainf no bueno

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by Johnny562@Jan 18 2010, 09:13 AM~16325186
Front motor works at times. I hit the switch when I'm ready to roll and works fine the first time but then I hit it again and either only the driver side goes up or both sides don't go up at all. I wait a while and it works again a couple of times and then fails again with the same symptoms... Either only driver side goes up or both sides don't go up at all. At the time of failure, you can hear the motor spinning.

Any ideas fellas???

FYI... Has enough oil and no issue dumping it.

had the same problem with mine turned out the system was fine but the fluid was to low check that ;)

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by .TODD@Jan 19 2010, 09:28 AM~16338335
had the same problem with mine turned out the system was fine but the fluid was to low check that  ;)
I'll double check that ;)

What percentage do you guys usually keep it full at? I think mines is about 75% full.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Could be a solenoid going out too...

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Never mind....just saw you said the motor spins but it doesn't move. Fill the tanks almost all the way up....if they are at 75% full that shouldn't be the problem.

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by Johnny562@Jan 19 2010, 12:26 PM~16339439
I'll double check that  ;)

What percentage do you guys usually keep it full at? I think mines is about 75% full.

if you can see your pump head thats no good add more remeber a nice amount of fluid is acutally in the lines ;) my problem was i didnt have enough fluid pushing all the way through the lines to the cylinders

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Sounds like you dump might be dirty or bad. If it is stuck open, the fluid will flow right threw and not lift, if it is partly open , one side will rise but a little slow cause the lac of pressure or rise and fall.

Close your slow down valve, and try it again. If it goes up like it used to , then open the slow down , it should fall.

If that is the case , try opening the slow down all the way and depending on how many switches you have.

Hold the front dump switch down , and hit one of the front individual switches up to flush the dump.

Do this a couple of times and then re adjust the slow down and hit it up, it should stay up. Good luck.

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
maybe a bad ground / connection?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Jan 19 2010, 12:08 AM~16334309
sounds like either a switch is sticking holding the dumps open the checks are fooked or the dumps ainf no bueno
X2. Sounds like you are having the same issue I was. Turns out it was the dump on the front pump.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts