LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i filled both pumps up with fluid one inch from the top, have new solenoids , charged batteries, i bled the lines, and when i hit the back pump it lifts quick and fast , and when i hit the front it sounds weak like the batterys are dead, it barely locks up, i dont know what it could be, do yall kno wat it cud be ? :run: :run:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i didnt load test the batteries, the back pump runs fine, so i didnt think it cud be the batts, and i will post a pic of the setup wen i take a pic, i will post pics of the ride here in a min

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

here is a picture of my blazer, i havent took a pic of the setup cuz i just barely got it all hooked up today, and sorry about the quality i had to use my cameraphone ,

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it use to lift up quick and easy, but now it has been stalling, i know the pump is gud , i switched the solenoids from the back pump to the front pump and it worked better but it started clicking after the second try, whenever i first tried the setup the back pump got stuck goin up every time i would pull the kill switch it would keep goin up without pushin the switches and the switches would still dump with the kill switch off, so idk if maybe my switches are sticking or my solenoids are fucked

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
cold oil. gear too big.

if the pump doesn't sound bogged down, it could be a blown gear seal,but you said it sounds weak..

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
you pulled the quick disconnect and It kept on lifting?

Clicking is a bad connection, or a battery with 1 bad cell.

You need more details of you setup, 2 banks of batterys or 1

2 grounds or 1 .

Explain the whole setup. I'm not trying to break balls

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Please , answer basic setup rundown first.

Nobody on here can help you at all

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
kill switch ? explain , need to know

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i have 2 prohopper pumps 4 italian dumps, 3 solenoids to each pump ,wired at 48 volts ,4 batteries, the pumps have oil i bled the lines, i hit the switch to the rear and it lifts just fine and when i hit the front the pump sounds ok but it sounds like the batts are dead, but if they were dead wouldnt the back not lift? then what happen was after that i guess a switch got stuck and the back pump kept liftin so i hit the quick disconnect and it stopped but i cud still dump the pumps with the quick disconnect off ? i tried makin sure none of the switches got stuck by rocking them and when i connected the quick disconnect it still kept raising ? anyways the switch power is at 24volts, i think the problem with that cud b the switches, but the front pump is wat concerns me it sounds like it wants to lift but then it gets weak and starts clickin but the back pump lifts like notin , so im concerned as if the front needs more battery power since its heaveier up ther? i wil post pics of setup tommrow thanks for ur help hope i explained it ok :uh:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Its difficult to determine on just the description alone, if you can take a video and post it up so that we can hear the sound of the pump front and back. Being a blazer the front end wieghs about the same as the back, have you tried switching pumps?

Do you know what gears are in those pumps?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i'm to drunk to help tonight
take your pump power wire from the rear pump to the motor and hook it up to the front pump, main power and see if it lifts nice, i'll be on here tomorow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i did i swapped the wires on the pumps and it did lift like it was gud and then it died, and no i dont know wat gears they are, and i probably cud post a video tommrow, i am now thinking if its the batteries ? thanks for the help i guess im guna get drunk tonight too :wave: haha

·
Lowrider
4,144 Posts
Originally posted by 87cuttlashopper@Feb 10 2010, 07:31 PM~16576011
Its difficult to determine on just the description alone, if you can take a video and post it up so that we can hear the sound of the pump front and back. Being a blazer the front end wieghs about the same as the back, have you tried switching pumps?

Do you know what gears are in those pumps?
the front of a blazer is way more heavy then the back. But yes hi is right If u post a vid it would be better but if the front is strugling likeu say and the back works fine both off the same bank of batterys then it sounds like a motor.maybe switch the motor from the back pump to the front and see what happens. if it still does it then its ur batterys

1 - 20 of 46 Posts