LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i know i posted another topic about the front, it's really confused me. I'm runnin a 4 pump 8 batt setup, with 48 volts to the front and back. It's moving up and down really slowly, even with the batteries fully charged. It also doesn't raise evenly. The right front won't lock up unless i use my right side switch. What the hell is goin on?

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Could be several things. First of all did you bleed the lines properly? if so you may have a blown pump head seal. Also the 48v may not be enough to power two pumps at once. I'm assuming from what you posted. You have 8 batteries. 4 to the front two pumps and 4 to the back pumps. A good trick in a 4 pumper. Cross your batteries. Connect 4 batteries to your front right and rear left pumps. Then the other 4 to your front left and rear right. This way you are still running 48v to each pump. But, when you hit the front, back ,or either side. Your using all 8 batteries. Rather than trying to get 4 to do it alone. Acouple more batteries wouldnt hurt either.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Raise the car. Then crack the line at the cylinder. Let it drop slowly you will see foamy oil coming out or it will kinda spit out. Let it down alittle bit and tighten the fitting to stop it. Do the other cylinder. Then lock it up and repeat. Do this on every cylinder until you get no more spitting or foam. You'll need lots of rags and some fresh oil to add to your tanks.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
you got 2 banks of 48 volts ? 4 to the front 4 to the back? put a volt meter on your battery;s see what the volts are. then do the same and hit the switch this time and see what they are . its always better to know that your bateerys are healthy first, and all the wiring and grounds are good. before you go and tear it all apart , start with the basics.

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 26 2005, 03:55 AM~3695433
you got 2 banks of 48 volts ? 4 to the front 4 to the back? put a volt meter on your battery;s  see what the volts are. then  do the same and hit the switch this time and see what they are .  its always better to know that your bateerys are healthy first, and all the wiring and grounds are good.  before you go and tear it all apart , start with the basics.
alright, i'll hafta try that

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
listen to the motor spinn.Compared to the back pump, how much of a lower pitch does it have? If it sounds close to the same as the back pump,but still lifts slow, its the seals in your pumphead more than likely.Everythings working fin, just the oil is going past a blown o-ring inside the head instead of out tha block to tha stroke

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 27 2005, 03:01 PM~3703933
Try the way I was telling you first. All you gotta change is switch  the cables around that go to the motors. If you dont like it You can switch it back. Real easy and wont cost a thing. Take the cable off the front right and rear left motors and switch them. Thats it.
alright, looks like i shall be busy tomorrow, thanks for all the help bro!

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by AndrewH@Aug 27 2005, 03:28 PM~3704015
listen to the motor spinn.Compared to the back pump, how much of a lower pitch does it have? If it sounds close to the same as the back pump,but still lifts slow, its the seals in your pumphead more than likely.Everythings working fin, just the oil is going past a blown o-ring inside the head instead of out tha block to tha stroke
it sounds more high pitched than the back!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts