LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some ideas for front shock mounts for 67 impala(parallel frame), also what kind do you use

·
Registered
931 Posts
i have some good install pics of when i bagged my 63. i have pics of me welding the shock mounts up and mounting everything. if you want to see them go to http://www.low-riders.com discussion forums and do a search in the air bag forum.

cant find them, let me know..... ;)

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by uniques67@Aug 27 2003, 07:51 PM
looking for some ideas for front shock mounts for 67 impala(parallel frame), also what kind do you use
Blah!

You might restrict how high your front-end will go!

I know on my 61 you have to weld the brackets!Forget that crap.My front end rides smooth as an '03 Caddy! :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE+Aug 29 2003, 05:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SIXONEFORLIFE @ Aug 29 2003, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--uniques67@Aug 27 2003, 07:51 PM
Blah!

You might restrict how high your front-end will go!

I know on my 61 you have to weld the brackets!Forget that crap.My front end rides smooth as an '03 Caddy! :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup:

those who know, just know!

·
Registered
931 Posts
man, my impy rode like crap without front shocks. i would hit the slightest bump in the road and the front end would float for like 5 minutes after the bump. i felt like i was on a boat. i drove it without front shocks for like a week, than i couldnt take it anymore....

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by loco@Aug 30 2003, 03:05 AM
man, my impy rode like crap without front shocks. i would hit the slightest bump in the road and the front end would float for like 5 minutes after the bump. i felt like i was on a boat. i drove it without front shocks for like a week, than i couldnt take it anymore....
I'm putting front shocks on min too, only because I drive long distances on the highway all the time. I drove my car with no shocks on the front and just coils all last summer and it would bounce and almost change lanes at high speeds.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
loco, what kinda pressure do you normally ride with??

skandalouz, I have a feeling when you say fast, you mean like real fast... lol

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
towncar rides like it did before with no shocks up front and barely any in the back

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
my car rides fine w/o shocks in the front. rides better than before i think, if you hit a big bump when your going fast then yeah it will floata bit but its kinda fun.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by DusterNut@Aug 30 2003, 10:34 AM
my car rides fine w/o shocks in the front. rides better than before i think, if you hit a big bump when your going fast then yeah it will floata bit but its kinda fun.
those are my findings also..

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
if you hit a big bump and it starts to float just hit the switch down then up again then it will be fine...

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by loco@Aug 29 2003, 11:05 PM
That means you need more pressure in the front!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
i ride with 120 psi in the front most the time but if im rollin low at like 60 psi it still dont float?????the back floats alot in my car tho because my rear shocks blow ass..they used to be coilovers and i just cut the coil over off so now there fucked but im just gonna redo the whole bag setup this winter or spring...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I no longer have my 13s on the car. The stocks are back on and there seems to be more sway in the front end, no matter what PSI. For those with shocks in front, what kind of shocks do you use? Also, do you have any interference with making sharp turns??? curious cuz front shocks are new to me. Thanks

·
Registered
931 Posts
this was the same thing i exprienced, no matter what pressure. i prefer a smooth ride, i just couldnt handle the wavyness in the front end.

kyb gas shocks came with my setup. you can check the pics on the site and see how i welded them. i get no interference, nor do i get any restricted turning radius.

·
Registered
931 Posts
kyb gas shocks:

front = kg4524 = white
rear = pck0sta2m = blue

my setup came from air ride technologies. good quality stuff. everything bolted right in. the only welding was the upper shock mounts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts