LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a question and wanted to see if anyone could help me out with the answer to my problem. I have a 1984 cutty supreme with a wammy pump set up. Just recently I would say since January, I have had to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing everytime I hit 3wheel. I have literally changed it 4 times now. Me and my oldest son just put In a new one last night And we took it for a test drive just now and coming back home I busted a 3wheel around the corner front he house and when I came back down I heard it right away. It broke again. I don't understand what the problem is, it wasn't doing it before. I even replaced the rotor in January when the first bearing went out. And it's been going out every since. Can someone shed some insight on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for anyone's input..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey everyone I have a question and wanted to see if anyone could help me out with the answer to my problem. I have a 1984 cutty supreme with a wammy pump set up. Just recently I would say since January, I have had to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing everytime I hit 3wheel. I have literally changed it 4 times now. Me and my oldest son just put In a new one last night And we took it for a test drive just now and coming back home I busted a 3wheel around the corner front he house and when I came back down I heard it right away. It broke again. I don't understand what the problem is, it wasn't doing it before. I even replaced the rotor in January when the first bearing went out. And it's been going out every since. Can someone shed some insight on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for anyone's input..
Assuming the preload is set right and everything is assembled right , seems like the bearings too small to handle either the wieght stress or impact when coming down.
I would say you need a b body spindle swap preferably off a wagon since it will be bigger bearing , either one would be bigger than the one you have now.
Could be wrong but this sparked my interest for me to give my 2 cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts