LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Jul 16 2003, 12:11 PM
yes, but i have to go to work at 2:00 ...hey look its 2:04...well my boy is comeing to get me sooo i will get there. im really mad because i cant fix it right now!

are there any other g-body guy that had the same thing happen?? its a 87 regal
if they are 13s, its the brake dust caliper on behind the brake itself, and the bolts that go through to hold on the caliper itself ;)

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Jul 16 2003, 10:24 PM
its fixed :biggrin: :cheesy: :cool:
was it what I said, same shit happened to me, but mine is also fixed :cheesy:

·
Registered
991 Posts
what size spacers do you need to fit 13s, cause I'm gonna be getting some for my 85 Regal and wanna know what I need to do to fit the rims.

·
Registered
991 Posts
can somebody post pics of what I need to grind

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by BIGPUNthug@Jul 22 2003, 10:08 AM
can somebody post pics of what I need to grind
you dont hneed to do shit, just make sure the little brake cover dont rub, and the bolts that hold on your brake calipers,

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Dominique A.K.A. BIG BOY@Jul 18 2003, 06:40 PM
DO NOT RUN SPACERS!!!!!!!! If they decide to crack your wheel will fall off. Take the time to grind. It sucks, but must be done. The spacers aren't even made of steel , some cast crap.
How the hell would the wheel fall off??? The wheel studs hold the wheel to the car not the spacer. It wouldnt mater if the spacer had 100 cracks in it, the wheel still wouldnt fall off. The spacer gets compressed between the wheels and the drums, or rotors.......

·
Registered
969 Posts
You've never seen a stud break. I've installed 1000's of wheels........studs break. When the spacer cracks the peices fall out and then all the weight is on the studs with a 1/4 of an inch gap between them. Standard wheels aren't that bad , but reverse suck.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Dominique A.K.A. BIG BOY@Jul 23 2003, 04:50 PM
You've never seen a stud break. I've installed 1000's of wheels........studs break. When the spacer cracks the peices fall out and then all the weight is on the studs with a 1/4 of an inch gap between them. Standard wheels aren't that bad , but reverse suck.
I have seen studs break, but if the spacer cracks it dont just fall out. It cant its to tight in between the 2.

·
Registered
11,372 Posts
damn that means i should take off the spacer off my cadi, but ive had them on for over a year and nothing has happened, "yet" lets hope nothing will happen either and also if i where to take off the spacer that would mean more grinding of the caliper and there is a bigger chance of that bitch breaken off so i think i will just stick to my spacer but just check em 1-2 a month for any cracks running center gold daytons

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Originally posted by BIGPUNthug@Jul 17 2003, 11:31 AM~890225
what size spacers do you need to fit 13s, cause I'm gonna be getting some for my 85 Regal and wanna know what I need to do to fit the rims.
13's wont grind on a rwd car and ur regal is unless its a fwd car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts