LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won an item through ebay, and paid my shit through paypal, and now ebay just sent me an email saying "Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller"........ I check the paypal transaction and that shit already went through... I emailed the guy saying I want my refund back and he replied "fuck you. How bout this..... YOU JUST GOT BURNED" :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the Paypal Activity:

Recent Activity

File Type To/From Name/Email/Phone Date Status Details Action Amount

Payment To travis ruplinger Oct. 3, 2007 Completed Details -$275.00 USD
Transfer From Bank Account Oct. 3, 2007 Completed Details $275.00 USD

Anybody know "Travis Ruplinger" he uses the email "Anthony Hernandez" <[email protected]>

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by djbizz1@Oct 4 2007, 10:28 AM~8930156
Here's the Paypal Activity:

Recent Activity

File  Type  To/From  Name/Email/Phone  Date  Status  Details  Action Amount

Payment  To  travis ruplinger  Oct. 3, 2007  Completed  Details    -$275.00 USD   
Transfer  From  Bank Account  Oct. 3, 2007  Completed  Details    $275.00 USD   

Anybody know "Travis Ruplinger"  he uses the email "Anthony Hernandez" <[email protected]>
how old are you bro?

you need to put a freeze on your paypal account and contact them as well as your bank and get the necessary paper work together... it'll be about a month but paypal will credit your account after their investigation if everything is as it seems.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 4 2007, 10:07 AM~8930634
how old are you bro?

you need to put a freeze on your paypal account and contact them as well as your bank and get the necessary paper work together... it'll be about a month but paypal will credit your account after their investigation if everything is as it seems.

Thanks! I just did. I think luck out bro!! The paypal transaction went through, but it didn't actually pull the money out of my bank account yet. So, I went to the bank and pull all the money out and closed my account.. :) Damn, that was close... Lesson learned, never buy from anyone with no feedbacks.. I should of known better anyways!! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
So what kind of payment did you send, an E-check..instant transfer..what?

If the money went through (like your paypal history claims it did) You just need to file a dispute for that transaction. If he cannot prove he sent you the item (with a tracking number) they will choose in your favor and give you you're money back.

Got a link to the ebay auction?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Oct 4 2007, 12:13 PM~8931417
So what kind of payment did you send, an E-check..instant transfer..what?

If the money went through (like your paypal history claims it did) You just need to file a dispute for that transaction. If he cannot prove he sent you the item (with a tracking number) they will choose in your favor and give you you're money back.

Got a link to the ebay auction?

Yeah, here's the link.

Important Message from eBay Loss Prevention Department

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 140163843643

Item Title - rockford fosgate T10001 BD

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-sp...-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/faq/itemnotreceivedprocess.html)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html).
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p...s-buyer-outside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial

This administrative email was sent to [email protected] from eBay. Your account is registered on www.ebay.com/ebaymotors. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/help/poli...acy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/help/poli...-agreement.html

Copyright © 2006-2007 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
find the guy and go beat the shit out of him...lol

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Originally posted by junbug29s@Oct 4 2007, 09:31 PM~8934237
should of got it from www.techronics.com , and with a 1 year warranty!
probably shouldn't rub it in...

but I must agree. I buy all of my equipment from techronics. They have great prices and a 1 year warranty, and most of the time it's free shipping.

·
16,068 Posts
Whenever you file a claim through paypal, even if they find in your favor, if there's no money in the other guy's paypal account, then you don't get refunded. Now if you pay through paypal and have it funded through a credit card, you just file with the credit card and your money gets put back on the card. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
lesson for everyone.....always, always check sellers/buyers history on ebay, and what kind of things they've sold in the past....sometimes not a good idea to buy stereo stuff from someone who only has history of selling clothes. :uh:

·
Banned
29,665 Posts
i had the same shit happen to me i got the same email and the sellers name was deleted off ebay, i bought a alpine component speaker set, and i thought i got burned and a couple days later, it came in the mail :dunno: so you might not of got burned

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's all good, I caught it on time. Anyways I just scored on this one.

RF T10001DB with 1 Farad Caps/+ all the wirings for $300 shipped. He knock off the shipping price, so it ended up to be a good day :biggrin:

Check it out.

Here's the link: ( if the link doesnt work, just go to ebay and enter the item #)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Go to ebay and enter this item number: 330172787380

·
Registered
25 Posts
That happened to me once. I won the bidding and was getting ready to pay the guy, but eBay sent me a notice saying not complete the transaction. I'm glad they did it, because I would've been out $500.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by MR_CUTTY@Oct 5 2007, 12:47 AM~8936238
i had the same shit happen to me i got the same email and the sellers name was deleted off ebay, i bought a alpine component speaker set, and i thought i got burned and a couple days later, it came in the mail :dunno: so you might not of got burned
I once bought something and didn't get it forever..filed a claim and got my money back. A week later the item arrives, but the seller was no longer registered. So i got the item plus my money back, lol. He never answered any emails so i didn't mind, lol

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Oct 5 2007, 02:31 PM~8938892
I once bought something and didn't get it forever..filed a claim and got my money back. A week later the item arrives, but the seller was no longer registered. So i got the item plus my money back, lol. He never answered any emails so i didn't mind, lol

lol, i remember you told me about that shit... lucky bastard

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 6 2007, 05:41 PM~8944402
lol, i remember you told me about that shit... lucky bastard
It must have happened twice, because it just happened to me like two weeks ago, lol. 80 dollar video card, i got it for free! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts