LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like bannana seats but the sissy bar always intrudes with the Cantilever lines on the frame. on my new cruiser im making a new set up to eliminate the use for a sissy bar

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in cad class i made a 3/4 solid steel tubing soround that will be intergrated to the seatpost. the other was a brace that goes from the rear stay brace into the seat since the seat will be low enough the brace wont be seen in both designs. i broke a sissy bar last night which led me to a more extreme way

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
i never really like the look of the sissy bar and banana seat....so i just use saddle seats...reminds me of the old indian motorcycles of the 40's

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I hated my regular sissy bar but I absolutely love my extended twisted one. Without a sissy bar my bike's twist would look incomplete and it would throw off that traditional look. ;)

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Lowridingmike@Sep 18 2003, 08:28 PM
I hated my regular sissy bar but I absolutely love my extended twisted one. Without a sissy bar my bike's twist would look incomplete and it would throw off that traditional look. ;)
fuck tradition ;) ive been building lolo bikes since i was 9 ive seen many styles come and go but only the Artistic one shine Asco brought light to the madness within me with his creations. i built an all twisted bike before but then i saw one just like mine which brought up the question why? i upgraded by getting my spokes gold plated and white tires. instead of going birdcages and feathers i decided to build something wild yet very rideable like Asco's EZ Orange. the wheels i had on the twisted bike will be taken apart replated and have the spokes plated gold and others left chrome the rims along with the spokes will painted candy blue im also making skirts for my bike that follow the lines of the kustomized frame. all the parts will be straight with the exeption of tripple twist fork bars and painted fork and the missing sissybar

just wait and see ;)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302+Sep 18 2003, 10:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lownslow302 @ Sep 18 2003, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Lowridingmike@Sep 18 2003, 08:28 PM
I hated my regular sissy bar but I absolutely love my extended twisted one.  Without a sissy bar my bike's twist would look incomplete and it would throw off that traditional look. ;)
fuck tradition ;) ive been building lolo bikes since i was 9 ive seen many styles come and go but only the Artistic one shine Asco brought light to the madness within me with his creations. i built an all twisted bike before but then i saw one just like mine which brought up the question why? i upgraded by getting my spokes gold plated and white tires. instead of going birdcages and feathers i decided to build something wild yet very rideable like Asco's EZ Orange. the wheels i had on the twisted bike will be taken apart replated and have the spokes plated gold and others left chrome the rims along with the spokes will painted candy blue im also making skirts for my bike that follow the lines of the kustomized frame. all the parts will be straight with the exeption of tripple twist fork bars and painted fork and the missing sissybar

just wait and see ;)[/b][/quote]
thanks homie. :) ... in fact - I'm kinda tired of seeing all those bikes looking all the same. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy recognizing te craftsmanship in these and I really give 'em propz for that - but you gotta come up with something unique and NEW. Right now I'm building a 20inch stretched cruiser that I'm able to put every wheelssize on from 20 to 26 inch and it's still looking tight and its ridable with every wheel combo. So that when I'm going on long distance rides I'm gonna put on the 26 inchers, when riding it daily I put on the 24inchers and for that Sunday-Afternoon-cruise downtown ridin on 20s. It's gonna be more that stretched cruiser/chopper style (no apehangers though) but it's still a customized 20inch frame. Right now it's about 2.20 meters long (dunno what that is in inches) and about 78 centimeters in height at the highest point (the moon handlebar). I'll post pics when I'm done with all the welding - propably by the end of the weekend.

PEACE!
Sebastian a.k.a. asco1

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I Love to see differnet point of views and all of these new ideas but stating my opinion I like the sissy bar. I do look high and low to detail the hell out of my bike and do every little thing to make it different. When everybody else had twisted or straight mirror post I simply covered mine in velvet. When eveybody had either black, metal of painted wheels posts, I put teflon tape on the threads to make them look clean white. When everybody just had bullte headlights I got one with green lights and etched light glass. Trust me I know how ya feel! Good luck on the project! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts