LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only my wit my luck would this happen, i guess ive been cross treadin it n on of the holes n not knowin, what should i do?, i was think of gettn a spark plug hole rethreader but ive never rethreaded b4, please reply :uh:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
:uh: whoa!!!!!calm down there

put the tools down and slowly walk away

go ahead and get one of the rethreader kits you've seen. its not that hard to use them

just follow the instructions and you will be ok

make sure you greese up the tool real good. it serves 2 porposes
1 reduce friction while retapping the whole

2 althe metal shavings will get stuck in the grease and not fall into the cylinder

take your time it not that bad

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by gone2war@Sep 25 2003, 11:51 PM
:uh: whoa!!!!!calm down there

put the tools down and slowly walk away

go ahead and get one of the rethreader kits you've seen. its not that hard to use them

just follow the instructions and you will be ok

make sure you greese up the tool real good. it serves 2 porposes
1 reduce friction while retapping the whole

2 althe metal shavings will get stuck in the grease and not fall into the cylinder

take your time it not that bad
yeah i know, im gettn one of those tomarrow from autozone, im gonna be honest, im a clutz, do you have ne advise for me to keep my from becoming a salvage. i jus dotn wanna fuck this up is all. oh n what type of grease should i use,

Last edited by fuwad85 at Sep 26 2003, 12:37 AM

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
just regular greese

like what you pack your wheel bearings with. dont be shy with it the more the better. and dont forget to change your oil you might have already droped some shaving into the cylinder.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
remember...TAKE YOUR TIME..... my homeboy tried to rush and get the job done quickly and fucked up his block.... while my father took his time and did it right and his truck runs good as new.... ;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by gone2war@Sep 26 2003, 12:09 PM
just regular greese

like what you pack your wheel bearings with. dont be shy with it the more the better. and dont forget to change your oil you might have already droped some shaving into the cylinder.
ok got the damn thing cost me 30 bux, do i need rtv silicone, the thing sez it does but sum guy told me that you dont really need it cuz itll kill the ground for the plug, im bout to do it now so n/e las minute advise you wanna give me? btw its an aluminum head

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
its been a while but i cant imagine where or why you would use rtv silicone.
follow the manufactures instructions and you will be fine

·
Registered
989 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Sep 26 2003, 01:33 PM
remember...TAKE YOUR TIME..... my homeboy tried to rush and get the job done quickly and fucked up his block.... while my father took his time and did it right and his truck runs good as new.... ;)
plugs are in the head not the block ;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i fixed it, n it werx pretty good didnt notice ne sparks round the outside of the plug there for no leak n it even runs a lil better, so so far so good :cheesy: hey thnx for the help btw least now im able to get to werk again n go out :cool:

Last edited by fuwad85 at Sep 26 2003, 11:23 PM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts