LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i fucked up. i was hitting sides on my limo and all of the sudden i hear a fucking loud ass break sound coming from under the hood so, i quit hittin switches but when i opened my hood i noticed that the 1 1/8" inch riser snapped just at about the cylinder, how do i get that shit out , do i need to buy a new cylincer, please smome one help me

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a firring that screws into my cylinder and raises my 90 degree 3/8th to # fitting but in other words the screw part of a fitting snapped completly into my cylinder

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 4 2005, 04:09 PM~3542771
Get rid of the 90's .Use strait fittings to the cylinders and connect the hoses directly to the fittings. No risers.   "Easy out" :thumbsup:
i wish i could :angry: but it would hit my hood if i ran it that way

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 4 2005, 03:29 PM~3542577
get an easy out and remove the broken part, then get a new fitting
can u get thgose at most hardware stores?
:cool:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and i have to take out my cylinder, take it apart and clean it from any metal debris right?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 4 2005, 08:40 PM~3542949
and i have to take out my cylinder, take it apart and clean it from any metal debris right?
you can get easy outs from sears.
if its a clean break, there shouldnt be any metal in the cylinder.

like serioushydros said, ditch those 90's and get straights..

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 4 2005, 06:33 PM~3542905
i wish i could  :angry:  but it would hit my hood if i ran it that way
i have straight fittings in my 89 lincoln towncar...my hoses clear with hella room left over....you just have to bend the hose down and run it down and zip tie it so it wont move....thats the easiest way to do it......you should have no problem at all using the straight fittings :cool:
New pumps for my lincoln :biggrin:

:cool:

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 4 2005, 09:33 PM~3542905
i wish i could  :angry:  but it would hit my hood if i ran it that way
An option for that would be a hose end with a 90 bend it rather than the 90 fitting. Or a piece of high pressure tubing bent and fitted onto the hose. The only problem would be the tube fittings coming loose from the cylinders shifting around. You could also run a 45 fitting so the hose will be at an angle off the cylinder. That way the hose wont need to bend as much.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by BigLinc@Aug 4 2005, 10:43 PM~3545032
bullshit, i have straight fittings on mine  :cool:
oh yeah i for got you have all that excess electonic shit that limos have huh? its all under my hood its a lot different than a stock lincoln

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Dumps@Aug 4 2005, 06:03 PM~3543403
Make sure you get it fixed for saturday. I want to see that thing move at the mall. :biggrin:
most def, which mall. park lane or medowood? most people willl b at park lane even tho its smaller

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 5 2005, 12:40 AM~3544489
An option for that would be a hose end with a 90 bend it rather than the 90 fitting. Or a piece of high pressure tubing bent and fitted onto the hose. The only problem would be the tube fittings coming loose from the cylinders shifting around. You could also run a 45 fitting so the hose will be at an angle off the cylinder. That way the hose wont need to bend as much.
Like whats on the tre...

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 5 2005, 01:55 AM~3545220
oh yeah i for got you have all that excess electonic shit that limos have huh? its all under my hood its a lot different than a stock lincoln
my towncar has every option possible but a moonroof...under the hood there is so much shit...theres not a big differance at all from under the limo or my lincoln...ive looked...same motor..same mess...it will work just give it a try

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 5 2005, 02:55 AM~3545220
oh i guess u forgot u said it would hit the hood, so what are u going to tell me next, u have a different hood cuz its a limo?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts