LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight this is the prob, my back pump has 2 dumps n one slowdown, the thing is when i dump the back it drops like a bomb. I tried closing the slowdown and then opening it but no difference the back still drops. Even if i close it all the way it still drops when technically its not even supposed to move. So u guys think thats a diagnostic for a fucked slowdown valve??????

thanks

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by BaSe@Aug 5 2005, 10:23 AM~3546659
no, thats why i dont get it
You might want to take it off and make sure that when you turn it, the gap is actually closing. I've had a couple that after a bit of use (mainly on the cheap brass ones) the inside strips and it isn't really closing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there supposed to be kind of a resistence when u turn it kuz mine is smooth like butter!!

and how much do slowdown go for? good brand

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by BaSe@Aug 5 2005, 10:30 AM~3546704
is there supposed to be kind of a resistence when u turn it kuz mine is smooth like butter!!

and how much do slowdown go for?    good brand
Does it have the circular knob? If so make sure that it is not spinning by itself w/o actually turning the whole shaft. Those kind have a tendancy to break.
The parker slowdowns are a little better and run about $30.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its a circular knob but it looks like its catching the threads cuz its moving up n down

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by BaSe@Aug 5 2005, 11:32 AM~3547082
yeah its a circular knob but it looks like its catching the threads cuz its moving up n down
You have the slow down off right now?

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
I dont even have slow downs, I like too Drop It Like Its Hot :biggrin: so I got 2 brand new ones, brass ProHopper if annybody wants ?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho631@Aug 6 2005, 08:28 AM~3550787
sounds like a bad check valve
no it doesnt

its a bad slow down,,,those cheap brass ones have a pin moves in ,and restricts flow the more you close the slowdown,,, i had a cheap one that the pin broke off on,,,so the knob would still turn in and out,,but there was was no pin inside restricting flow

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah it's the slow down. And like BRAVO said those cheap brass ones the knobs will start to spin around the little shaft not changing a thing. Most of the time the knobs come off and people use pliers to control the slow down. If that is thats the ussue upgrade to some better Slow Downs. ;)

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
parkers are very sensitve and can be fine tuned..i like the metering valve series they look like old style faucets

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho631@Aug 5 2005, 11:32 PM~3550805
I dont even have slow downs, I like too Drop It Like Its Hot :biggrin:  so I got 2 brand new ones, brass ProHopper if annybody wants ?
Price? I only need one, mine only dumps at one speed, no faster, no slower :angry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts