LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im driving the pontiac today, andi start to come to a stop, car start shaking and acting like im slamming on the brakes, but im not. so i start it and then put it in gear, it dies do it again it dies i do i about 4 times a this red light then i let it run for 15seconds and put it into gear. i pull infront of the house start to push on the brakes it does it again, WTF is it. only when i start to push the brakes and not everytime, a really violent shaking

·
Registered
279 Posts
id say the brake booster is fucked or if it has a exturnal vaccum booster for the brakes the could be fucked up

·
Registered
989 Posts
also could be the tranny out of adjustment...my dads elco did that, it wasnt downshifting til after it stopped

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm i just drove it for about 20 minutes in the residental (lots of stop signs) no problems but i am afraid it gonna happen again, im thinking its a tranny problem not a brake one since i had no trouble today. anyway i was alittle low on coolant and it was hot last night but had more than ebnough trany fluid.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Dont rule out the possibility of the Brake Booster. When you push the brake, it takes vacuum from the motor. If it leaks it out of the booster, especially if your stopping and the motor rpm is low. It can cause the car to die. If this happens again, try stopping with the emergency brake, its cable activated so it bypasses the booster. If it stops and still runs, then the booster and or vacuum valve for it is bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts