LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
Did you change the sensor too? Was it on the new pump? If not you will probably need to change the level sensor.

in the 2000s the step motors that move the gauge went bad alot in GMs also. They are a little bit hard to change but if you have a new sensor and it still reads wrong then the gauge motor may be bad.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say "Step" is that a piece on the fuel pump that look like a Bicycle pedal hanging on the side? And is i got a Relay tucked underneath and close to the back bumper, Think that could be the problem? And thank`s the both of you for the 411

·
Registered
507 Posts
My 01 blazer did this when i changed the fuel pump and i thought shit i did something wrong i didnt have the time to drop the tank again i would just fix it another time and use my odometer as a gauge.Topped off the tank and the problem went away.I would try that first if its not the problem you can drive the vehicle until it gets low on gas then drop the tank again.

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
When you say "Step" is that a piece on the fuel pump that look like a Bicycle pedal hanging on the side? And is i got a Relay tucked underneath and close to the back bumper, Think that could be the problem? And thank`s the both of you for the 411
nah dont think its a relay, its the sensor itself, the float (arm) or the gauge. Stepper motors are what they call the little motor that turns the gauge arm.

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
Did you change the sensor too? Was it on the new pump? If not you will probably need to change the level sensor.
in the 2000s the step motors that move the gauge went bad alot in GMs also. They are a little bit hard to change but if you have a new sensor and it still reads wrong then the gauge motor may be bad.
???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts