LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think im going to swap out the bags for juice on my lincoln. i was under it today changing the rod bearings and i checked out the frame and its getting stress cracks from the bags. i was talking with a guy who wants to trade my bags for hydros so i think im gonna do it.

to take the body off the frame i need to take off the body mounts, brake lines at the master cylinder, steering rag joint, bulkhead connector, front clip, bumpers and engine/ trans right. is there anything else im missing? how do i support the body so it wont buckle? i cut the top off the car so its probally a bit weaker now lol. should i weld some bars from the top of the windsheild to the area where the rear window was?

if i go thru all this work i want to do it once and right. should i do 1/4" on all 4 sides front to back and across the cross members or what?

sorry for all the questions but the search function doesnt work or id look around myself. thanks :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
I'VE GOTTA FRAME FROM 82 2 DOOR LINC,WITH FULL CHROME UNDER CARRIAGE.......1/4 '' 4 SIDED AND BRIDGED FOR SALE .....$2200.00........P.M IF UR INTERESTED :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
82 is a mark 6 right? i think they are shorter than a mark 5, my dad had a 81 mk6 and my lincoln is bigger. plus i like to do my own work, no offense, but thats just how i am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts