LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
You have to cup the bottom of the a-arm. this is my old 92 and they fit fine! ;)

·
over it
6,640 Posts
If they have the same amount of room as a 95 its not very easy to get them in. I cut a half link off so they fit in without so much struggle. The car is not going to be very driveable though since the front will have little to no travel, at least not until they break in. Are you building a hopper or a street car?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are building a street car.. And yes we are going to hop it some. We have 3.5ton springs, would it be 2 much if we cut them like 2 turns? or 1,5turns?
when the springs have breaked in, how much lower will the car sit?

·
over it
6,640 Posts
What brand of coils are you going to use? I put some OSC 3.5 in the 95 towncar and they drop a lot after you hop on them a few times. I would cut a half link at first and see if you can get it to hop some. If you need to cut more off to get some movement just take a half link out at a time until you have enough movement to get it hopping. You can always cut more off,but its sure hard to put it back on. ;) Just take your time and let them settle before you get carried away with cutting.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Just remember that an 1" off the coil equals several inches at the wheel. I didn't measure how much the car dropped after the coils ettled but I would say it's between 2-3" at the wheel. If you want it to sit low and still hop good you will have to be good on the switch to keep from hitting the frame when it comes down. Did you already buy some coils?

·
over it
6,640 Posts
On a town car if you cut just a half link off it fits no problem. I think you may need to use a floor jack and chain to get them in with out cutting any off though. I just put them over the cup first then slip them into the lower control arm and use a jack on the arm to get the ball joint back together.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its in now... after much messuring and cutting.. i think we cut like 2 turns mabe 2.5 turn but it slides in there and we have jumped it by hand and it works fine! Now we just have to get the rear lifted and build a rack!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts