LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i was wandering if there are any Functional Continental kits out there for a 13" wire? small enought to not look out of place on a regal would be nice.

let me know, thanks
Mark :cool:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Keepit-real@Jan 20 2004, 10:10 PM
i don't understand your question when you put a 13 or 14 knockoff the continental kit works with the latch.......it drops down and you can lock it back in place!!!! Not sure on what you mean by FUNCTIONAL????
well my trunk wont have room for a spare so i wanted a spare in the continental kit, but it seems that there is never a full 13" tire with a tire on it, its all for looks

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 20 2004, 11:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 20 2004, 11:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Keepit-real@Jan 20 2004, 10:10 PM
i don't understand your question when you put a 13 or 14 knockoff the continental kit works with the latch.......it drops down and you can lock it back in place!!!!  Not sure on what you mean by FUNCTIONAL????
well my trunk wont have room for a spare so i wanted a spare in the continental kit, but it seems that there is never a full 13" tire with a tire on it, its all for looks[/b][/quote]
like this ?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Originally posted by JokerManN808+Jan 21 2004, 09:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JokerManN808 @ Jan 21 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 11:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Keepit-real
@Jan 20 2004, 10:10 PM
i don't understand your question when you put a 13 or 14 knockoff the continental kit works with the latch.......it drops down and you can lock it back in place!!!!  Not sure on what you mean by FUNCTIONAL????

well my trunk wont have room for a spare so i wanted a spare in the continental kit, but it seems that there is never a full 13" tire with a tire on it, its all for looks
like this ?
[/b][/quote]
It's because of this look that you don't see it done too often.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
on a continental kit the lip of the whee sets on the outside of the kit. if you put a tire on the rim, it wont have a lip to set on, so the tire and rim would have to be inside the kit, this wouldnt look right. and even if you used a 13x5 it would be almost impossible to get in there. and even harder to get out. but if you want something bad enough you can make it happen. it just depends how u want it to look i guess

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
go to the parts yard and check out some old caddies and lincoln ones for stock functional ones.you might get something together.

I'm wanting to do the same on my truck!

I'm relocation the tailgate handle to the inside,and gonna find a way to stick a spare on the tailgate.maybe even something similar to on a blazer,etc

not even a continental kit,just a identical 5th tire and wheel with the knock off adapter bolted to the tailagte. I'lmm find a way to make that work.

·
Registered
735 Posts
ANDREWH IF THATS ALL YOU WANT THEN JUST DO WHAT MY HOMIE DID.HE TOOK THE TAILGATE OFF AND GOT , I THINK SOME 2" THICK SQUARE TUBING. HE TOOK THE INSIDE SKIN OFF AND WELDED FROM ONE SIDE OF THE HINGE TO THE OTHER LIKE A BRACER, THEN CAME UP ABOUT 8" AND THEN CUT A 2" SQUARE HOLE THROUGH THE OUTSIDE OF THE TAILGATE. THEN HE JUST STUCK ANOTHER PIECE OF TUBING THRU AND WELDED IT, AND WELDED THE SPARE ADAPTER TO IT.

AFTER IT WAS ALL DONE, HE EVEN STITCHED UP A WHITE VINYL COVER JUST TO COVER THE TIRE. IT ACTUALLY LASTED THE WHOLE TIME HE HAD IT UNTIL HE GOT REAR ENDED AND JUST SOLD THE TRUCK. :cool:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by mclover2@Jan 26 2004, 05:43 PM
ANDREWH IF THATS ALL YOU WANT THEN JUST DO WHAT MY HOMIE DID.HE TOOK THE TAILGATE OFF AND GOT , I THINK SOME 2" THICK SQUARE TUBING. HE TOOK THE INSIDE SKIN OFF AND WELDED FROM ONE SIDE OF THE HINGE TO THE OTHER LIKE A BRACER, THEN CAME UP ABOUT 8" AND THEN CUT A 2" SQUARE HOLE THROUGH THE OUTSIDE OF THE TAILGATE. THEN HE JUST STUCK ANOTHER PIECE OF TUBING THRU AND WELDED IT, AND WELDED THE SPARE ADAPTER TO IT.

AFTER IT WAS ALL DONE, HE EVEN STITCHED UP A WHITE VINYL COVER JUST TO COVER THE TIRE. IT ACTUALLY LASTED THE WHOLE TIME HE HAD IT UNTIL HE GOT REAR ENDED AND JUST SOLD THE TRUCK. :cool:
that sounds tight, I might look into something like that for my nissan.. :cool:

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
Originally posted by AWSOM69+Jan 21 2004, 10:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AWSOM69 @ Jan 21 2004, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 11:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Keepit-real
@Jan 20 2004, 10:10 PM

like this ?
It's because of this look that you don't see it done too often.[/b][/quote]
YUP ITS PRETTY UGLY BUT :0 ...................................... :biggrin:

GIVES ME IDEAS :biggrin: (TEE-HEE...AL BUNDY WOULD SAY)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts