LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i hit my switch my fuse for the switch blows

whats my prob.................................................................

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Naughty T@Jan 11 2004, 04:22 PM
Fuses on your switches??? Are they fuses that can handle 24volts???
yes the fuse for my switches and yes the fuse are the ones that can handle 24vt.........

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by lolo4life@Jan 11 2004, 04:14 PM
whats the fuse amperage and where are u inlining the fuse at?
i have been useing 25 amp fuses and its on the 2nd batt from the ground......worked fine for months and now it pops the fuse if i dump it???????????

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Pinched wire or something shorting out you may also have a bad switch did you try hitting a different switch every time or same one???

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Jan 12 2004, 12:25 AM
Pinched wire or something shorting out you may also have a bad switch did you try hitting a different switch every time or same one???
it pops with any switch :angry: could it be a bad batt???

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by 3lowlacs+Jan 11 2004, 11:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3lowlacs @ Jan 11 2004, 11:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BIGTONY@Jan 12 2004, 12:25 AM
it pops with any switch :angry: could it be a bad batt???[/b][/quote]
More like pinched wire did u re route yiour wires at all maybe it got minched by the e brake if u ran it that way or a screw rubbed thru in the door sill area or under the back seat or in the trunk near the rack follow the wires man if was bad batt should lock on or not just click if its that batt that would be a first i saw with this symptoms

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
illcheck the wires out

thanks guys :cool:

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by dmsfresh@Jan 14 2004, 11:16 PM
do you need a fuse on the switchs
I always fuse the switch power think about it if you dont have the fuse there to pop what would happen that shit would burn up and possibly burn your whole car up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:biggrin: fixed :biggrin:

i must have shut my wire in the door or something

:biggrin: ooops

·
Registered
17 Posts
25 amp.....??? !! are you runnin any hoppin dumps...should be able to run a 10 amp....15 at the most.....even with the dumps for bangin....for the fellas that dont run a fuse imagine what would have happened if that was your rider's switchwire gettin pinched.. run an inline fuse bout 3 to 5 inches off of the 2 positive.. (24v)..a.k.a. your switch wire....10 amps ya want the smallest amperage possible....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts