LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna be able to adjust my 81 riviera. no hoppin or nothin, probably just one pump, fbss. is this possible? ive seen crapaliers & geo storms & shit in LRM with hydros, so hows it done?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yes, it's possible and it's done every day; my LHS is front-wheel drive.

Just keep in mind a couple of things. Mainly, you're not going to get much more than 6" of lift up front. Beyond that, you risk the chance of pulling your half-shafts out of the transmission... not a good thing. :) The other thing is that if you go way low (like I did), depending on how high your trany splines are, again, you risk the chance of pulling the half-shafts off. I had to extend my passenger side shaft about 1/2" to account for it. Other than that it's fine.

You're going to get a lot of comments about o-ring wear. I'm not familiar with that because I don't leave mine on 'til the blow like a lot of people. I change all 4 corners every 12 months... problem solved.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for feedback. what kind of setup do yall have? should i stick with 1 pump or would it be better to go with 2? 36 volts or more? is frame reinforcment necessary if i only have a small range of motion? any more advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Sharp21@Nov 25 2003, 01:02 PM
thanks for feedback. what kind of setup do yall have? should i stick with 1 pump or would it be better to go with 2? 36 volts or more? is frame reinforcment necessary if i only have a small range of motion? any more advice would be much appreciated.
My set-up's in my signature.
I would say that it would be better to go with at least a 2-pump set-up. That old Rivi isn't a lightweight car.
36-volts is OK, but I'm a big fan of 48. A bit more speed, and more time between charges.
Frame reinforcement isn't necessary unless you're really torquing your frame a lot: a hella lot of weight, a lot of "sittin' on three" and a lot of hopping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts