LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 971 Posts

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been into riding & building lows since about 1991. I was inspired back in the mid 70s by one of my Dad's club brothers who's driveway was a carshow in itself!

Now, almost 20 years after jumping in the game, I have a sickness i call project A.D.D! I can't seem to see one project through before starting another! So.., I decided to start a topic covering all of my projects in one! I'll add pics of whatever I do to whichever project, to give you all a look inside this disease I have! Progress is the only prescription available & it comes w/ many side effects but.., completion is the only cure!

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll just pick up w/ where I'm @ right now.

I will add pics & tell the story of each one but for now.., I'll introduce them...

I'll start w/ one that I started several years ago &, for reasons yet to be told, we'll call it: NIGHTMARE '64

Next up.., my daily driver w/ switches for 2 years, I decided to tear it down & rebuild it after breaking some wheel studs one day! I just started unbolting stuff & never looked up! Next thing I knew, I was looking for a ride to the parts store! It's still in pieces so we'll call it: ONE DAY(ly) TRE!

That's when I found this parts chaser in a backyard across town. It was all o/g teal w/ white letter all terrain tires (I still have them)! Of course, i couldn't leave well enough alone so I did my thing & drove it daily for about 2 years before I parked it & started tearing into it. It has a 4 speed & a hitch so, we'll call this one: HAULIN' G*A*S

This is the "one" i'm probably most excited about! I picked this up from a guy in W. Texas a few months ago & it's solid! I'll be taking my time on this "one" so we'll call it: ACE IN THE HOLE

Next up is this '66 rag I got in a package deal a while ago. I'm going for a sinister look on it so I dubbed it: SIK6SIX

I traded a local rodder a sick Caprice wagon for this SS. It was mechanically sound but needed some cosmetics (it was primer grey w/ a red fender & a rusty hood). The Boyd's came off faster than I could snap a pic! For now, we'll call it: PURRRFECT SS

I've always thought '62 wagons looked the best when layed out so I picked this up from the same guy I got the '61 Nomad from. Let's call this project: DROPPIN' A DUECE

I came across this on Ebay & couldn't pass it up! I drove straight to Atlanta & back to get it! It wasn't easy loading it in the dark w/ the R/E locked up! I'm running out of names so, how about we just call it: EBAY TRE

Next is another Ebay find. A friend called me up late one night/early morning & told me the seller had put a BUY IT NOW on it! For the B.I.N price, I knew if I slept on it, it would be gone! I had a few beers while debating before I finally clicked on it! It will be the 1st one to hit the streets this year so for now, I call it: HATER CREATOR

Most people know I have a weakness for wagons & I have a few more on the back burner but we'll save the details until I get deeper into them. Here are a few: LAGGIN' WAGONS

I've never built a truck so I'm gonna start w/ this '53 5 window a friend gave me!

I have a few others & I will surely add more in time & will post pics here:

Backyard...

'61 wagon I traded my lime '62 coupe for...

"Stinky Pinky" will get in that ass... 16k o/g miles! I plan to paint it black, like one i had that got stolen on New Years Eve... :sprint:

'39 my mentor passed down to me... :cool:

'62 409 4sp 4door... :dunno:

'58 wagon... :)

Of course, I wanna work on my current drivers too! They're already clean street rides & trophy winners but I got them w/ the intention of going all the way w/ them. I'll be adding lots of chrome & details soon!!!

Traded for '61 wagon above...

The adventure begins..., enjoy!

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A guy I know (BoBo) wants to paint for me so he said he'd paint the car of my choice for the cost of materials! I gave him the '66 rag to see what he had!

After about 2 weeks, I dropped by the shop & it still looked like this...

So, me & a couple friends decided to jump start things & drop a hint @ the same time..

Next time I stopped by, it was coming along faster...

Even though he said it would take 3 weeks & it's been about 2 months, it's coming along...

uh-oh..., it got pushed outside & he's working on another ride! Will it turn into THE NIGHTMARE II!?! :0

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally quoted as a 3 month job (& paid up front), 3 years later, this is all the progress i've seen on the NIGHTMARE '64...

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pulled the motor out of the DAY(ly) TRE, painted it & mocked up some old school accessories! Thinking about dropping it in "HAULIN' G*A*S" (the '63 wagon)...

Got some 72s from SKIM & put 'em on the wagon for now...

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still debating whether to go all stock (roman red/ermine white) on the Nomad (ACE IN THE HOLE) or full custom!?! I put some gold 88 spoke Ds on it for now but I also picked up some NOS hubcaps so, who knows...

·
over it
6,640 Posts
You have what I've coined A.A.D.D

Automotive
Attention
Deficite
Disorder

I suffer from that as well as A.B.D

Always
Broke
Disorder.

Good work.

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
:wow: You are definately sick... :biggrin: My favorite project is Hater Creator... and damn i was close to owning Purrrfect SS :(

Out of curiousity, what would you have called the 68' ?

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Sin7@Mar 15 2010, 01:03 PM~16896370
:wow: You are definately sick...  :biggrin:  My favorite project is Hater Creator... and damn i was close to owning Purrrfect SS  :(

Out of curiousity, what would you have called the 68' ?
Damn Luis, I wanted that '68 baaaad!!! I never heard back from you so I figured you came to your senses! It's like I said in the beginning, your car is waaaay too clean to trade straight across for mine! If you decide you still want to do something though, let me know!

Since I would have got the better end of the deal, I would have called it: 68NIOU1

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by garageartguy@Mar 15 2010, 02:56 PM~16897249
Damn Luis, I wanted that '68 baaaad!!! I never heard back from you so I figured you came to your senses! It's like I said in the beginning, your car is waaaay too clean to trade straight across for mine! If you decide you still want to do something though, let me know!
You still have that bobber ? :cheesy:

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
3 Members: garageartguy, Skim, OUTHOPU

:0 I see you lookin!

·
***WAGON FREAK***
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Mar 15 2010, 12:04 PM~16895911
You have what I've coined A.A.D.D

Automotive
Attention
Deficite
Disorder

I suffer from that as well as A.B.D

Always
Broke
Disorder.

Good work.
Yeah, A.B.D is one of those side effects of the prescription, progress, that I was talkin about earlier!

1 - 20 of 971 Posts