LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about extending the A-Arms on my 1986 Monte Carlo. When I'm fully lifted I have that traditional front end butterfly of the front wheels (Negative Camber). I would like to eliminate this problem by extending the upper A-Arm but when I lay my ride down now, it lays nice and tight. I have seen some rides that have had (G-Bodies) front upper A-Arms extended and looks tight fully lifted but when they lay it down, they have extreme positive camber that looks like crap. My car is not used as a hopper and isn't driven everyday or long distances at all. Should I extend the upper A-Arm or just leave it with it's negative camber issue when it's fully raised, what's the better or happy medium for this issue? Peace, Dat

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
go for a 1/2 inch or slightly bigger extenstion for happy medium.. I have mine done an inch but they are shimmed to about 1/2 and they sit straight down and up

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
those shims will be coming out next spring i hope

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
1/2" without shims is perfect!! ;)

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i started doing mine tonight they are a inch extended not sure how it will sit once its all back together

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Nov 17 2003, 03:27 PM
It will sit like this!! ;) ;)

with a stance like that people wont even talk shit :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Not usually!! It is a pretty mean stance!! And I got Sha all set up to get some 1/2" extended a-arms from me!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by timdog57@Nov 17 2003, 08:04 PM
Not usually!! It is a pretty mean stance!! And I got Sha all set up to get some 1/2" extended a-arms from me!! :biggrin:
Tim you are the winner! I will pay for those puppies and once again the cash will be on the way. You still have my address right?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tim I will be in the Louisville area in about 5 months, can we get together for a beer and some lowrider chat! I might bring the ride to your Monster Garage! LOL

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by datboysha@Nov 18 2003, 03:49 AM
Tim I will be in the Louisville area in about 5 months, can we get together for a beer and some lowrider chat! I might bring the ride to your Monster Garage! LOL
i dont thing tim dog has any freebie, FREEBIE, [size12]FREEBIE[/size]

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Nov 18 2003, 07:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Nov 18 2003, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--datboysha@Nov 18 2003, 03:49 AM
i dont thing tim dog has any freebie, FREEBIE, [size12]FREEBIE[/size][/b][/quote]
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thats cool Sha!!!! Do you want me to wait till then to get you the a-arms?! :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Nov 17 2003, 06:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Nov 17 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--timdog57@Nov 17 2003, 03:27 PM
It will sit like this!! ;)  ;)

with a stance like that people wont even talk shit :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
now thats what im talking about

1 - 16 of 16 Posts