LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cutty needs help and I'm GONNA do it....I need ya'lls help though so be patient and as helpful as you can. If you done some of the stuff before and would like to help just PM rather than post. Aiight!!

1. rockers have rust. How do you replace/fix em and where to get parts.

2. Rear quater has rust in and around fender trim and side moldings. Body filler???

3. Doors, as I see most Cuttys, have rot on bottoms too. Get new ones or can they be fixed.

I love the car and just can't see myself sellin it....its got every thing I want in a Cutty except for T-Tops or Sun Roof. I changed my oil for the first time on my own, so now I'm souped to just actually put some time into it and BUILD my Low Low! I got something to prove!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Originally posted by DekeDamage@Jul 31 2003, 11:57 AM
My Cutty needs help and I'm GONNA do it....I need ya'lls help though so be patient and as helpful as you can. If you done some of the stuff before and would like to help just PM rather than post. Aiight!!

1. rockers have rust. How do you replace/fix em and where to get parts.

2. Rear quater has rust in and around fender trim and side moldings. Body filler???

3. Doors, as I see most Cuttys, have rot on bottoms too. Get new ones or can they be fixed.

I love the car and just can't see myself sellin it....its got every thing I want in a Cutty except for T-Tops or Sun Roof. I changed my oil for the first time on my own, so now I'm souped to just actually put some time into it and BUILD my Low Low! I got something to prove!!! :biggrin:
how deep is tha rust is it all the way through if its surface rust you need to get a wire wheel on your drill and clean it douwn to tha metal then spray it with primer(any primer will do) so it wont rust any more ifd its deep rust you need to clean it with a grinder tack weld a peice of metal to tha inside of tha fender the let it cool once its cool finish welding all around the edges(making sure you arent warping tha fender) then use body filleron tha outside when everything is said and done spray it with primer (make sure you protect your wheels windows and anything else close to tha rust from overspray from tha primer hope that i helped

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aiight thanks.....i'll get workin on the fender......the rust on the quater panel is all the way through, so how do I address the rust under the rear quaters fender trim? Its not that big no bigger than the size of your palm.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
pics. would help hard to say without seeing it.........

BUT i have to add somethingto what reprezentin said.........

instead of using body filler over the patch panels...........use duraglass.........

or cheaper yet get some bondo glass comes in a small can at wal mart for $5..............

this is a waterproof filler and will keep water out.........

sand this down with 40 grit..............

then use body filler...............

when you use body filler use some quality stuff.........

you can get evercoat body filler at auto zone for a couple of bucks more than the cheap ass bondo..............it sands alot easier.........

if you have questions ask away.............

oh and about.....below your rear quarters.........if you are talking about above your wheel..........you can get some replacement weld on strips also at auto zone..........that replace the rust in these areas..........

good luck
:cool:

·
Registered
949 Posts
just ,, be carefull what filler U use some say waterproof and will be more resistant to water than others but will infact not be 100% waterproof and will put you back at square 1 after a year or 2..

When I use filler I use It over a 2part epoxy primer ,, I havn't had a problem but its your choice ..

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by sabre@Jul 31 2003, 09:30 PM
just ,, be carefull what filler U use some say waterproof and will be more resistant to water than others but will infact not be 100% waterproof and will put you back at square 1 after a year or 2..

When I use filler I use It over a 2part epoxy primer ,, I havn't had a problem but its your choice ..
what happened to hammer and dolly and you will not need to use filler if you do it right????????????? see these are the kind of rust problems i was talking about before...........sounds like back peddling to me!!!!!! peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts