LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

what you looking at is the lower trailing arm from the floor. so what im wanting to know can that "brace" right above the arm be cut? i want to cut it because i want to put an air bag in that area, i want to mount the bag on the arm and that brace, but the brace needs to be cut some to get room so the car still lays out.
if i can do this the car will lock up really high and site low.
i ask in the juice area is because i feel you guys would know because you all deal with the frame more than the bagged group :biggrin: thanks for all the help LIL homies

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
If your not going to hit three's or hop I don't think that it would be that big of a problem. Plus, you won't have the weight of the batteries either. If this is the same brace that I'm thinking of.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by S10lifted@Dec 28 2003, 02:55 AM
I would definately beef it up a little but, if your setup isn't very fast then I would think that it would be ok.
its a fast set up....175-200 psi 1/2"

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Ok, I'll say it in a different way. As long as you don't try and raise it up more than it can actually go it should be fine. If you do it might cause the part you don't cut to bend.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by S10lifted@Dec 28 2003, 03:15 AM
Would you have enough room to mount the bag if you moved it closer to the rearend? You just talking about cutting the middle section out right?
see the hole point of doing this is to get some crazy ass lock up, so i think i recall that doing it that why doesnt really look like it would get me where i wana be.
im talking about cutting that brace above the tailing arm about 6 inched(or so/less) and a few inches up.
i have an idea, cut out to make some room. fit the backets in (to where i can get the bag on & off and also get to the air line. weld them into the brace and make the bracket "one with the brace" do you under stand what im saying....its 4:18 am :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I think I understand. Your basically talking about cutting out 2 sections sso that you can mount the bags. Beef it up real good and it should work. Or you could alway make new uppers and new mounts for them. Basically relocate them.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
just shooting in the dark here, because I cant see the brace in that pic...

but if its the way I think, could you cut it, then weld like a piece of 8" pipe inside the to create a "pocket" for the bag..

done correctly, it would be super strong...

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 28 2003, 08:30 AM
just shooting in the dark here, because I cant see the brace in that pic...

but if its the way I think, could you cut it, then weld like a piece of 8" pipe inside the to create a "pocket" for the bag..

done correctly, it would be super strong...
this sounds like some what what i was talking about :cheesy:
you can see some of the brace, well the part that right above the trailing arm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts