LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 81 regal with 3 pumps 10 batts. reinforced corners, rearend, 1 inch extended a arms, and all kinds of other good shit, anyway i broke the frame on it so i need to know the easiest way to swap the frame. i would junk it but the car runs like new and the body is straight as fuck. plus it s my 1st ranfla ive ever had

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
check with a shop that has a reinforced frame of your make, remember that just because its a g-body they are not all exactly the same, the rear body mounts are different.

:),

cc

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
best way is buy a junk car with a good frame take the front clip and engine out and take all the body bolts and gas tank off.
l the best way to take the body on the good frame is once all of the above is dne load the car on a trailer and just take it to the junk yard when the crane grabs the body it will leve the frame

then wrap the new frame and put your engine in it

when you take the body off the bad frame first take the front clip off put the enigne in the new frame take the gas tank off and all the body bolts out and it it ready to come off
Easy way to get it off is get a engine hoist,puller,cherry picker etc.. and get a 4x4 and have it long enough so it will fit in the trunk go from one side to the other but were it will not hit the sides(quarter panals) the hook a chain/strap to the 4x4 were the 4x4 is hanging in the air and it sits level and will not tilt to on side and very slowly raise the rear not to fast or jerky because you could still crease the quarters, once it is in the air were the frame will be able to clear the rear of the frame get one 4x4 and 2 jackstands have the 4x4 were the it will go from on side to the other and stick out a little less than a foot on each side and set the jack stands and 4x4 right in front of the rear wheel well and it set the rear down on them

Then go to the front use the chain on the front on each side you have a place were the fenders mount , run the chine through them and hook the engine hoist on to the chain in the center so it lifts the car even and raise the front to match the rear and do the same thing with another 4x4 and 2 more jack stands but set them right at the fron of the doors and set the front down if you do it any other way it is a pain in the ass and will take longer

i dont know if you can understand it or not but you can kinda get the idea :biggrin:

the only diffrence on the g bodys are the elcos and the wagons the wagons can be changed to fit a regal monte etc.. but a elco frame will only fit an elco ;)

Last edited by 82onJUICE at Oct 19 2003, 10:45 PM

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota@Oct 20 2003, 12:18 AM
?????????

LOL HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
now thats a pivot point :biggrin:

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Oct 20 2003, 12:34 AM
now thats a pivot point :biggrin:
Almost looks like a double front end astro?? :0 :biggrin:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
or another hi caliber creation ;)

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
oh im sorry the wheels are in the back of the wheel wells on your car :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: just playing

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Criticism from "THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!!" ahaha Oh wait...you can just build some shit!!! You're Famous!!!! :biggrin:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
i am trying to come up with a way to say blow me politely. :biggrin:

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Oct 20 2003, 10:05 AM
i am trying to come up with a way to say blow me politely. :biggrin:
FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
what are you talking about you are just as famous

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Oct 20 2003, 10:18 AM
what are you talking about you are just as famous
:uh: ;)

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
its broken thats jake from trendsetters old car. now it has no motor or anything and i think it hits lower numbers now

1 - 20 of 43 Posts