LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im getting ready to cut my Ring's, And buy some Resin, brushes, gloves, tape, ect to start installing my componet set's tomarrow.

Im wanting something like these for my car, But i dont like the imaging. So im gonna create my own.

Im thinking i should aim the mid more up, And to the passenger's ear / middle of the front seat's from the drivers side, And oposite from the pass side. Does this sound correct? its my first time doing an install.

And im CLUELESS on tweeter placment, But from most of the installs ive seen and like, there on the A pillar, About head level, Aimed at Eachother. Does this sound right? Or should i try to put them on the door pod? [Dont really want them on the door.]

Im thinking something along the lines of this:

Also, Im gonna build set of these for rear 6.5" Mid's, They'll go in the rear arm reat area. But ill probably have to bring the mid's out more to give room behind it. but where shall i aim them?

What are your guyses opinions?

Equipment is a set of CTX65CS componets up front, and eventually ID 6.5" OEM mid's in the rear at 2 ohm's off of a Orion 400.2 [200x2]

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went and got a gallon of resin, 8sqft of mat, cup's, dowel's, stir stick's, chip brushes, ect. and started [after brainstorming MANY idea's]

Here's what ive come up with. They will be bolted to the actual door panel, No cutting, or anything.

Here's Approx where i think my ring will sit. It's about 1" out further then the arm rest, But i may be able to get it flush. If not ill come up with something.

does it look too thick to you guys? I layed down a decent amount of resin, got the bubbles i seen out of it, Layed 3x3 squares, dabbed them with resin, and smoothed it as much as possible.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First of, Rule number one is alcohol must be involved (?) To the right you see my crown and sierra mist [which came in handy when i burnt my self on the pink hot glue gun!] Dont mind the glue gun neither.

Then i positioned my ring, Cut the dowel's, And started glueing

Just an idea of where they'll sit.

With mid

All trimmed up [I used a set of *****, go ahead and laugh. Couldnt run the jigsaw at 2am.] with mid and grille

Showing clearance.

Wrapped in T Shirt, With grille. [Had two creases. I think they'll be okay.]

Same, Different angle.

·
16,068 Posts
Since you're not cutting into the door panels, the speaker pod will basically be a small sealed box. Any issues with not enough air space with the speakers, like with subwoofers?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've got tweeters in the A pillars and 5.25's in the doors of my Type T. I'm satisfied with it so far but want to replace the door speakers wit 6" midbass subs. You'll be pleased with the ID's because I have the CTX 6.5's in my rear dash and love their clarity..

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by subliminalmatt@Jan 10 2009, 04:27 PM~12663007
arent u on fiberglassforums.com
ME TOO :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts