LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the front,above were the factory spring used too seat,ok on the lower control arm they basically have a pocket for the spring too seat,up top they have flaps of metal almost look like teeth here's the best i can do too explain it i did something on paint....my question is what do yall do with this,leave it be? i noticed my donuts are getting bent up from it,and it's leaving teeth marks,also if i was too reinforce there,were would i do it?
hope yall can understand what im talking about,,lol sorry i dunno how too explain it.......

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Cut all of them out and put a plate up there and cut the hole for the cylinder and you are set.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Aug 10 2005, 02:46 AM~3578163
Cut all of them out and put a plate up there and cut the hole for the cylinder and you are set.
:thumbsup: ;) :cool:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Aug 10 2005, 03:46 AM~3578163
know it all!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've seen a few people just weld an extra donut up in there! ??? Is this good enough?... Any thoughts??? :uh:

and what does everyone use to cut those off..... I am tired of slag falling on me and burning my ass :cheesy:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMNFX@Aug 10 2005, 05:02 PM~3579758
I've seen a few people just weld an extra donut up in there! ??? Is this good enough?... Any thoughts??? :uh:

and what does everyone use to cut those off..... I am tired of slag falling on me and burning my ass :cheesy:
-No, not good enough.

If you weld a donut up there, you'll get the weld EXACTLY where the spring brings the frame the most stress, and right around the weld is the weakest point.

You need to go bigger than a donut if you want it to last.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by timdog57@Aug 10 2005, 03:46 AM~3578163
good looking out ;) ,i have nothing good too cut with i might have too use my angle grinder too them :(

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
works good,i still need the back done im needing reverse deep cups and 2 ton springs before i do the rear :( ,damn you got a monte now? still got the storm too?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by timdog57@Oct 13 2005, 03:55 PM~3995012
I use a torch.
sup timdog,you think you could make some pre cut and molded too shape reinforcement were i could weld inside the pockets??? i know you good at all that shit....all i have is a welder,grinder and reciprocator saw too work with

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Oct 13 2005, 11:15 PM~3995159
works good,i still need the back done im needing reverse deep cups and 2 ton springs before i do the rear  :( ,damn you got a monte now? still got the storm too?

yeah storms on hold not alot of time........it's in primer.........still............ :uh:

yeah i got a 79 monte and it will be a clean street clowner :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Oct 14 2005, 09:10 AM~3998881
yeah storms on hold not alot of time........it's in primer.........still............ :uh:
yeah i got a 79 monte and it will be a clean street clowner :biggrin:
cool,hit me up sometime man,my screen name is the same as the name on here.....

i see timdog checking out the hydraulics forum i got too ttt this so he can see what i asked,lol i see you ;)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Oct 13 2005, 09:39 PM~3996258
sup timdog,you think you could make some pre cut and molded too shape reinforcement were i could weld inside the pockets???  i know you good at all that shit....all i have is a welder,grinder and reciprocator saw too work with

Sure I can :biggrin: I can make them out of 1/4" and you can weld them up there and then drill a new hole for the cylinder. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts