LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I got a Canadian car and all the control, and trailing arm bolts were meteric 18mm I think, I don't know if thats a coincidence or not. All the bolts and nuts look about the same size, are they? Even for the front and back? I need to get all new bolts and nuts

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
yup, they should be either 18mm or 3/4.............thats what mine were.........I bought all new stainless steel bolts and I polished them....... they come out very nice....

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
mine were al 18mm aswell pain in the ass as i didnt have a 18mm socket :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
all the control arms bolts are 18 mm.. front and back .. most of the suspension is 18 but not all the ball joint nuts are different along with the tie rods and show on.. Nothing less than grade 8 should be used.. Factory bolts are like grade 10 and 11 ususally

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
upper arms, lower control arms, trailing arms, all tie rod ends, center link, upper ball joint are all 18mm

lower ball joint is a lil bigger

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
All of the rear upper and lower trailering arm bolts are the same length and size!! Up front the uppers on both sides have the same size and length of bolt, but the lowers have 2 different lengths, they are also the same size.

Size meaning 18 mm! ;)

:biggrin:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i know mines a canadian model cos i did a check on the net with the frame number n it came back as made in canada n it was inported to the uk in 1995 :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Oct 15 2003, 11:20 PM
All of the rear upper and lower trailering arm bolts are the same length and size!! Up front the uppers on both sides have the same size and length of bolt, but the lowers have 2 different lengths, they are also the same size.

Size meaning 18 mm! ;)

:biggrin:
Yep yep, the front lower a arm bolts are about an inch longer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts