LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im pushing 14's on stock trailing arms locked up the rear and dumped the right rear to pull a little 3 wheel action and heard a nasty POP

dumped it and lifted the rear again looked under and noticed one of my upper trailing arms busted at the bell housing.

so my question is do you really need the upper and lower trailing arms?

if so where is the best place to weld for a chain bridge since trailing arm mounts are right where you would put the chain mounts.

i am assuming the trailing arms basically keep your rear end and driveline somewhat in check while your suspension moves

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry this is on an 86 regal

·
16,068 Posts
Yeah, you need upper and lower arms to hold the axle in place. Extend those uppers 1" , get adjustables or chain off at about 11-12"

Bridge goes from frame rail to frame rail where the stock upper spring perches are now. Just weld chain mounts onto the underside of the bridge. I hope you changed out the rubber brake hose with a longer one or took out the bolt holding it to the rearend, otherwise it'll stretch and break ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Feb 11 2010, 11:31 PM~16590103
Yeah, you need upper and lower arms to hold the axle in place.  Extend those uppers 1" , get adjustables or chain off at about 11-12"

damn good info homie thanks.

ya i thought they had to be there in order to keep the rearend in place

im also lookin for a pair of stock upper a arms prefer already cut to replace my extended delta 88 a arms

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Feb 12 2010, 12:31 AM~16590103
Yeah, you need upper and lower arms to hold the axle in place.  Extend those uppers 1" , get adjustables or chain off at about 11-12"

Bridge goes from frame rail to frame rail where the stock upper spring perches are now.  Just weld chain mounts onto the underside of the bridge.  I hope you changed out the rubber brake hose with a longer one or took out the bolt holding it to the rearend, otherwise it'll stretch and break ;)

like he said :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 18 2010, 07:21 PM~16655183
nah take the arms out, they are just in the way
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by fortworthmex@May 27 2010, 08:42 AM~17620781
do you happen to have a part number??? :cool:
#38871 ;)

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
but it still doesnt fix your problem of the snapped ear on the diff............... I seen people weld ears on and plate them, but I think there is a trick to doing that. Heating up before welding or something..........

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by KAKALAK@May 27 2010, 09:25 AM~17621186
but it still doesnt fix your problem of the snapped ear on the diff............... I seen people weld ears on and plate them, but I think there is a trick to doing that. Heating up before welding or something..........
:yes: :yes:

You have to heat both the differential and the busted part and then weld it back on, but keep in mind that will always be the weak part on the axle now. (no homo) :uh:

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by 79 cutty@May 27 2010, 12:28 PM~17621219
:yes:  :yes:

You have to heat both the differential and the busted part and then weld it back on, but keep in mind that will always be the weak part on the axle now. (no homo)  :uh:
:yes: :yes:

You have to heat both the differential and the busted part and then weld it back on, but keep in mind that will always be the weak part on the axle now. (no homo) :uh:

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by KAKALAK@May 27 2010, 09:30 AM~17621236
:yes:  :yes:

You have to heat both the differential and the busted part and then weld it back on, but keep in mind that will always be the weak part on the axle now. (no homo)  :uh:
Some people's kids.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by 79 cutty@May 27 2010, 01:28 PM~17621686
Some people's kids.
Some people's kids.

speaking of kids hows your baby doing.............. I see your still on the frame so that tells me your baby is eating well :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts