LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '85 Buick Regal - the washer fluid barely sprays onto the glass. It's real weak. The pump seems especially loud, like louder than my Cadillac or Chevy, with this obnoxious whine. I couldn't find any leaks. Do you think the pump is on it's way out, or are other people's G-bodies really loud when they spray?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could. Or I could find out what the problem is for real. I'm wondering if maybe the tubes are clogged. That would be an easier and cheaper fix. Just wondering what other people's experiences are rather than shooting darts.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 19 2005, 09:52 AM~3841855
I could.  Or I could find out what the problem is for real.  I'm wondering if maybe the tubes are clogged.  That would be an easier and cheaper fix.  Just wondering what other people's experiences are rather than shooting darts.
clogged tubes-possibility

the extra loud wine probably points to the motor itself though :cool:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 19 2005, 08:11 AM~3841905
clogged tubes-possibility

the extra loud wine probably points to the motor itself though :cool:
Thanks, Joe. Yeah, I figured the pump could be struggling some way. My buddy with a Regal told me his was loud and he replaced a clogged line and it's been fine since, so I'll probably check my lines tonight to see what's up. If they're good, I guess it's a new pump for me! :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
yea, mine did the same then wipers stopped working..

dont buy one from autozone, the siper motor wont be speed variable.. it only got 2 speeds.. unlike stock (slow, fast, faster, fastest)

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Sep 20 2005, 06:42 AM~3848725
yea, mine did the same then wipers stopped working..

dont buy one from autozone, the siper motor wont be speed variable..  it only got 2 speeds..  unlike stock (slow, fast, faster, fastest)
He's talking the washer pump motor, not the wiper motor :cool:

It'd be cool to see a variable pump washer motor though, you could just drizzle out some washer fluid then when people piss you off, you could just hit it on high and shoot a stream over your car onto thiers :biggrin:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I checked the hoses last night and they seem to be clear, so I guess it is the pump on its way out. :uh: Just one more thing to add to the list.

Oh and Joe, back in HS I had a friend with some shitty Dodge K-car hatchback (I forget the model), but he pointed the sprayer for the rear window backward and somehow hyped the thing up so it would shoot like 50 feet. :0 It was hilarious. He would shoot people in traffic, in the parking lot at school, wherever he got the itch. :biggrin:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 20 2005, 07:21 AM~3848790
Well I checked the hoses last night and they seem to be clear, so I guess it is the pump on its way out.  :uh:  Just one more thing to add to the list.

Oh and Joe, back in HS I had a friend with some shitty Dodge K-car hatchback (I forget the model), but he pointed the sprayer for the rear window backward and somehow hyped the thing up so it would shoot like 50 feet.  :0  It was hilarious.  He would shoot people in traffic, in the parking lot at school, wherever he got the itch.  :biggrin:

Jeff
:roflmao: Thats funny cause I had a friend in HS that rigged one up in the trunk of his Dodge dart? or was it a plymouth something oranother? Anyway, it was an older 70s model mopar with a slant 6. Well he rigged it up in the trunk to spray on the right rear tire! It did really easy burnouts with bleach poured on the tire! :biggrin:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 20 2005, 10:41 AM~3850310
:roflmao: Thats funny cause I had a friend in HS that rigged one up in the trunk of his Dodge dart? or was it a plymouth something oranother? Anyway, it was an older 70s model mopar with a slant 6. Well he rigged it up in the trunk to spray on the right rear tire! It did really easy burnouts with bleach poured on the tire! :biggrin:
:roflmao: :roflmao: LMAO! I had a couple friends do that too. I completely forgot! Gotta love those white smokey burnouts!!! :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts