LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a wishbone for the G-body that we had built tonight. gonna install it tomorrow and see how well it may or may not work lol

·
over it
6,640 Posts
That's some pretty small tubing for the amount of stress it's going to see. What are you using in the center for articulation?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
looks like 1/4 wall inch or inch and a quarter, should be fine. interested to see it though. wonder how much bind it might create or not create with the pinion changes

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOM209@Sep 21 2007, 09:30 PM~8844371
here is a wishbone for the G-body that we had built tonight.  gonna install it tomorrow and see how well it may or may not work  lol

But a G-body is already a 4 link style suspension, I was wondering why.... :)
Alot of work that might not be needed. ;)

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
dayum SERIOUSHYDROS u know when shits been sittin to long u get that kind of rust on the metal. nothing a wire wheel wont cure. but thats some nice work, me likey.

we have bushings to go inside the pipe for it to pivot on. the heim joints is ideal except we were working on a budget, u know using what he had around for no money lol. just goin with the old addage TRIAL AND ERROR lol

BlackMagicHydraulics- basically a while back ( year ago) mino ripped the ear out of the pumpkin so he ended up welding a flat plate to the top of the rear end and created new mounts for the uppers. and i come over today and he had connected some bars from teh sides of the pumpkin to the lowers and the rear end was shifted over probably less then an inch, but had no standing 3 wheel no more, and he had already plasma cutted out the upper trailing arm mounts from the frame. so we were just tryin to come up with a way to get the rear end back in teh center, get the standing 3 wheel back and some good lock up. and that is what we had come up with lol. so we r just playing with things since we have to figure out some excellent way to get everything back

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
we are curious as to the what kind of bind we will incurr. just somethign we figure we give a shot at doing. just wanting to come up with something thats gonna work well for the car. gotta have the 3 wheel, standing or rolling

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
SERIOUSHYDROS- hey a diamond looks like shit when its first found, but after some good hard work u get something sweet

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
always gotta give out encouragement. u work on something so long and get tired of looking at the same thing and looks like no end is in site.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
aww that blows. unless the body was junk to begin with lol. u can either put it under a regal, or cutty.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
aww man let me tell u the wednesday i had with rides. i was driving up to santa cruz for my birthday this past wednesday. was driving thru livermore and this fucking clean stock orange regal went by me with the peanut butter half top, on stock wheels. looking fucking clean. then on another street in livermore i drove by this old man in a white cutty with the euro front clip and the car was straight and clean as well. seems like all the damn clean stock cuttys and regals are comin out the wood works on me lol

·
" RO LiL DaN "
1,881 Posts
Nice Fabrication. I had to do the same w/ by G-Body except I kept the the srock trailing arms and used pipe for the new mounts for the ears. Sad thing is it doesnt stand three no more, but I get the 14 inches of lock up.

Peace

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya shit there was a guy in the modesto paper today selling a 65 & 66 together for 2900. when u got money nothings worth getting. when u dont got money its fuckin a buyers dream

1 - 20 of 78 Posts