LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need pics of g-body rear setups like the pink monte that jacks i wanna jack at least 25" if travle please post pics of rear setups i would like upclose detailed pics of the pink monte to :biggrin: :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,872 Posts
ONE OF THESE ARE A REAR END DONE BY BLACK MAJIC.WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE NOTICE THE LOWER BARS ARE CHROMED?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,872 Posts
Originally posted by tupacrida4life@Aug 28 2005, 04:56 PM~3708666
Now is that driveable locked up? I'm imagining a slip yoke right?

YES IT IS DRIVEABLE ,UP AND DOWN. IT HAS ALOT OF SLIP IN IT.

BOTH THE ONES WE DID THAT ARE DONE DRIVE AND THE OTHER ONES WE ARE WORKING ON WILL AS WELL.

THE PINK CAR DRIVES VERY WELL WITH THE WISHBONE IN IT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Originally posted by juandik@Aug 29 2005, 12:56 AM~3708665
MY CAR HAS 25" OF TRAVLE AND IT JUST HAS THE UPPER MOUNTS LOWERD DOWN.
you also have different trailing arms, are those adjustable? what kind are they? did you make any mods to the axel itself? are the lower arms extended?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,872 Posts
my arms are not adjustable ..they are totally fabes from plate though also i did replace the bushing with a high piviot hymes joint from
suicidedoors .com


lowers are stock and not mods to the axle.i did trim of the bmp stops that used to hit the lowers when topped out.,the mounts are lower 6 inches and forward 3 inches the arms are 7 inches over stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Why is your axle still pulling forward if you dropped the mounts? I thought when you drop the mounts it makes everything stay center in the wheel well? Or is it because your lowers are still stock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
juandik since your lowers are stock and your uppers are dropped when you three wheel does the axle twist bad ever since i lowered my upper mounts the three wheel is higher but the axle is twisted if you know what i mean not complaining just wanted to know if this was normal its not letting me post a pic so i can't show u
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Originally posted by juandik@Aug 29 2005, 01:31 AM~3708799
my arms are not adjustable ..they are totally fabes from plate though also i did replace the bushing with a high  piviot hymes joint from
suicidedoors .com
lowers are stock and not mods to the axle.i did trim of the bmp stops that used to hit the lowers when topped out.,the mounts are lower 6 inches and forward 3 inches the arms are 7 inches over stock.
could you post a better picture or a few more of your rear suspension, i would really appreciate it as i would like to do mine similarly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by tufly@Aug 28 2005, 05:22 PM~3709068
juandik since your lowers are stock and your uppers are dropped when you three wheel does the axle twist bad  ever since i lowered my upper mounts the three wheel is higher  but the axle is twisted if you know what i mean not complaining just wanted to know if this was normal its not letting me post a pic so i can't show u

are your top trailing arms x-tended cause i had the same problems with my caprice i had dropped the mounts 5 inches and my top trailing arms were x-tended 3 inches and i locke up high as fuck and the 3 wheel was killer but it would twist so bad it wasnt drivable on three but now i made some custom ones that are about factory legnth and it still lifts and drops and the 3 is still about 2 foot and it is drivable try some factory T-A on the rear and see what it does :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Originally posted by chato83@Aug 28 2005, 10:35 PM~3710541
are your top trailing arms x-tended cause i had the same problems with my caprice i had dropped the mounts 5 inches and my top trailing arms were x-tended 3 inches and i locke up high as fuck and the 3 wheel was killer but it would twist so bad it wasnt drivable on three but now i made some custom ones that are about factory legnth and it still lifts and drops and the 3 is still about 2 foot and it is drivable try some factory T-A on the rear and see what it does  :thumbsup:
Now what TA's are you saying to use stock on? The bottom or top? If you're taling about the making the bottoms stock won't the axle still twist and bering it forward? If you're talking bout the uppers you won't get a high as lock up and you won't be able to drive locked up. Is there something I'm missing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by chato83@Aug 28 2005, 11:35 PM~3710541
are your top trailing arms x-tended cause i had the same problems with my caprice i had dropped the mounts 5 inches and my top trailing arms were x-tended 3 inches and i locke up high as fuck and the 3 wheel was killer but it would twist so bad it wasnt drivable on three but now i made some custom ones that are about factory legnth and it still lifts and drops and the 3 is still about 2 foot and it is drivable try some factory T-A on the rear and see what it does  :thumbsup:
mine still driveable at slow speeds my arms are adjustable so i adjusted it the best i can but when your driving straight you can feel the ass end wanting to come around :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by tupacrida4life@Aug 29 2005, 01:05 PM~3713656
Now what TA's are you saying to use stock on? The bottom or top? If you're taling about the making the bottoms stock won't the axle still twist and bering it forward? If you're talking bout the uppers you won't get a high as lock up and you won't be able to drive locked up. Is there something I'm missing?
all the T-A are stock just the mounts are dropped 5 inches and the car still does have a good lift in the back and it drops and thats what i wanted and it is driveable locked up so thats good enough for me
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top