LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you have your pumps and batteries setup, and what size cylinders?
i just put two pumps to the rear and it wont stand :angry:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by Lights Out@Sep 18 2005, 01:01 PM~3837922
the way we had our regal was 3 batteries on each side all 4 pumps in the middle of the batteries 12" Cylinders i have pics but no scanner :angry:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
whats your setup look like? i've got 3 pumps 10 batts and at first i couldnt get it to stand 3, but then i just keep tapping the switch and it popped up. Make sure your frame is notched for your uppers trailing arms too. Mine wasnt and my uppers got a little mangled. That had something too do with it too i bet.

my other 2 pumps arent in the car in this picture, but they sit right beside the front pump.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by HiLow@Sep 18 2005, 02:35 PM~3838078
whats your setup look like? i've got 3 pumps 10 batts and at first i couldnt get it to stand 3, but then i just keep tapping the switch and it popped up. Make sure your frame is notched for your uppers trailing arms too. Mine wasnt and my uppers got a little mangled. That had something too do with it too i bet.

my other 2 pumps arent in the car in this picture, but they sit right beside the front pump.
here's mine except there's another pump in it now
i can like hit a rear corner up, and then get out and pull the front bumper up into a three but it wont stay up :angry:

the frame is notched for the uppers, i was thinking maybe if i got those pro hopper adjustables it might make a difference :dunno:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by Lights Out@Sep 18 2005, 01:47 PM~3838130
here's mine except there's another pump in it now
i can like hit a rear corner up, and then get out and pull the front bumper up into a three but it wont stay up :angry:

the frame is notched for the uppers, i was thinking maybe if i got those pro hopper adjustables it might make a difference  :dunno:
Nice setup, looks really clean. I just got some adjustable uppers but havent had a chance to install them yet... what size cylinders are in the rear

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by HiLow@Sep 18 2005, 02:57 PM~3838183
Nice setup, looks really clean. I just got some adjustable uppers but havent had a chance to install them yet... what size cylinders are in the rear
but yea i got 14's, they dont extend all the way though due to brakeline, driveshaft, trailing arm issues(etc)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
weight distrubution :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by EastCoastRida@Sep 18 2005, 06:55 PM~3839670
funny how people posted thier set ups have 3 pumps!

get another pump, adjustables, 14" cylinders and do it then..
Jo$h
4th pump ant gonna do shit but add a few more pounds....

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Try locking the whole car up dump the passanger side, after the whole side is down dump the rear passanger corner to make sure it's all the way down, hit the rear driver side pump up to make sure the cylinder is fully entended, then hit up the front pump till it gets off the ground. This is the way I did it on my '80 monte with 8 batteries along the back of the trunk, 12" cylinders, no chains, 2 pumps to the rear and single to the front. I would even take the little kids from the neighborhood for rides on the front rim, turning the opposite way and it still wouldn't fall.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by 1SICK76@Sep 19 2005, 01:37 PM~3844094
Try locking the whole car up dump the passanger side, after the whole side is down dump the rear passanger corner to make sure it's all the way down, hit the rear driver side pump up to make sure the cylinder is fully entended, then hit up the front pump till it gets off the ground. This is the way I did it on my '80 monte with 8 batteries along the back of the trunk, 12" cylinders, no chains, 2 pumps to the rear and single to the front. I would even take the little kids from the neighborhood for rides on the front rim, turning the opposite way and it still wouldn't fall.

well of course 3 pumps will do it. 2 to the rear and one to the front. :cheesy: :cheesy:

this guy might have a hard time trying to figure a way how to do it wil 2 pumps and 6-8 batteries.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
i did it a few times with 6 batteries and 2 batteries. only thing is, is that i had a chain bridge. :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by Lights Out+Sep 18 2005, 01:01 PM~3837922-->
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-EastCoastRida
@Sep 18 2005, 06:55 PM~3839670
funny how people posted thier set ups have 3 pumps!

get another pump, adjustables, 14" cylinders and do it then..
Jo$h

Originally posted by HiLow+Sep 18 2005, 07:26 PM~3839931-->
4th pump ant gonna do shit but add a few more pounds....
[/b]

Originally posted by Crazy [email protected] 19 2005, 07:51 PM~3846687
i think he meant, use 3 pumps instead of 2.

<!--QuoteBegin-Crazy Cutty
@Sep 19 2005, 07:53 PM~3846702
well of course 3 pumps will do it. 2 to the rear and one to the front. :cheesy:  :cheesy:
this guy might have a hard time trying to figure a way how to do it wil 2 pumps and 6-8 batteries.
He has 3 pumps already. HiLow is correct but some of you did not read the original question. He said he put 2 pumps to the back. Anyway.......
Do you have a rear sway bar? If you do, that may be causing you to not stand. The way we do it here is by hitting up the front and then doing 1 rear corner till it tips. You must have at least 12 inch cylinders in the rear. Some wore out bushings also help. Keep trying it. It will eventually sit. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
body flex is a bitch without a wrapped frame. I bet you can't open or shut your trunk and hood when its up tryin to 3 either.....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Dumps@Sep 19 2005, 09:26 PM~3846931
He has 3 pumps already. HiLow is correct but some of you did not read the original question. He said he put 2 pumps to the back. Anyway.......
Do you have a rear sway bar? If you do, that may be causing you to not stand. The way we do it here is by hitting up the front and then doing 1 rear corner till it tips. You must have at least 12 inch cylinders in the rear. Some wore out bushings also help. Keep trying it. It will eventually sit. :biggrin:
my rear sway bars off, i tried doing it the exact way you described, and what happens is the car feels like it wants to stand but its like there just isnt enough weight to make it tip, cuz i can get out and pull up the front corner, and it'll go up, but when i let go of it, it just comes right back down. i got 14's but they dont get full extension due to the trailing arms and brakeline :( i guess i'll just keep trying

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 20 2005, 05:54 AM~3848743
body flex is a bitch without a wrapped frame. I bet you can't open or shut your trunk and hood when its up tryin to 3 either.....
the frame is re-enforced, not fully wrapped, but the sides are done from front to to back, my trunk and hood still open when im trying to three.
i guess wrappin it might make a difference.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts