LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
You may have a loose ground wire. I don't think there is anything wrong with the gauge itself. It's just a loose wire.

I had an 80 Caddy with the same problem. You may need to clean the end of your gas gauge wire by the gas tank.

LM

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yea, you should be able to see it.

When I had the problem, I didn't know what was up, so I took it to a shop. It costed like 18 bucks to get it fixed. I thought is was gonna cost a lot more because I thought they were gonna take out the dash. Since it was cheap, it was an easy fix.

Just check under the car around the tank. You should be fine.

Make sure your gas tank isn't full (cause then you won't know if it worked).

JUST MAKE SURE TO DISCONNET THE BATTERY BEFORE YOU DO THE WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Either the wire is loose from all the vibration, or road dirt/grease got all over the wire ends. The wire is probabley in a housing of some sort.

LM

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
there should be 2 wires commin out the back of tank on top. One will be red with a plug on each end, the other is ground. It should be attached near the strap on driverside...(i think), if that is attatched good, than, the ground might be bad on the tank, you will have to lower this to see. by the tank reading full all the time, it is definitlky a ground prob.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
ok should any of this help my problem also myne only reads up to 1/4 full no matter how much money i put in and i want it fixed, i can never tell how much gas i have its like 1/8 is half but i dont even know if its right lol

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Sep 21 2003, 11:32 AM
ok should any of this help my problem also myne only reads up to 1/4 full no matter how much money i put in and i want it fixed, i can never tell how much gas i have its like 1/8 is half but i dont even know if its right lol
sounds like my monte lol,i luv filling the dam thing up drive it for like 10 miles its above full..i really like it when it hits a half,then she goes crazy gotta luv floating gas tanks,thats why at all times at 1/2 i fill it up..it's more fun when you go up and down hills it goes to empty to full..

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
lol i havent noticed that yet but everytime i hit a corner its at empty for like 3 blocks haha, its a good way to get gas money from people tho ill have 1/2 but itll be at 1/8 so ill be like uhhhh i need gas money if you need a ride lmao

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Originally posted by Str8 Klownin+Sep 21 2003, 12:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Str8 Klownin @ Sep 21 2003, 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FlipFlopBox@Sep 21 2003, 11:32 AM
sounds like my monte lol,i luv filling the dam thing up drive it for like 10 miles its above full..i really like it when it hits a half,then she goes crazy gotta luv floating gas tanks,thats why at all times at 1/2 i fill it up..it's more fun when you go up and down hills it goes to empty to full..[/b][/quote]
ha ha my monte does that too. especially when I make a left turn, I hate to stare at it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by Payasomm+Sep 21 2003, 05:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Payasomm @ Sep 21 2003, 05:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Str8 [email protected] 21 2003, 12:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--FlipFlopBox
@Sep 21 2003, 11:32 AM

sounds like my monte lol,i luv filling the dam thing up drive it for like 10 miles its above full..i really like it when it hits a half,then she goes crazy gotta luv floating gas tanks,thats why at all times at 1/2 i fill it up..it's more fun when you go up and down hills it goes to empty to full..
ha ha my monte does that too. especially when I make a left turn, I hate to stare at it.[/b][/quote]
LOL,i agree ever since this post im scared as hell to look down,lol...but seems the monte has a new problem just started today when i cut it off the key wont come out inless you turn the steering colum to the left and the key pops out ever since that i never knew my monte mad a beeping noise when you put the key in :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Originally posted by Str8 Klownin+Sep 21 2003, 10:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Str8 Klownin @ Sep 21 2003, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 05:25 PM

ha ha my monte does that too. especially when I make a left turn, I hate to stare at it.
LOL,i agree ever since this post im scared as hell to look down,lol...but seems the monte has a new problem just started today when i cut it off the key wont come out inless you turn the steering colum to the left and the key pops out ever since that i never knew my monte mad a beeping noise when you put the key in :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Crazy ass montes, new surprises every day, what year is yours?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by Payasomm+Sep 22 2003, 05:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Payasomm @ Sep 22 2003, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Str8 [email protected] 21 2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 05:25 PM

LOL,i agree ever since this post im scared as hell to look down,lol...but seems the monte has a new problem just started today when i cut it off the key wont come out inless you turn the steering colum to the left and the key pops out ever since that i never knew my monte mad a beeping noise when you put the key in :biggrin:
Crazy ass montes, new surprises every day, what year is yours?[/b][/quote]
85 cl,my daily...my 87 that i sold never had these probs i guess cause i never drove it...i wouldnt trade my monte for nothing even if it got hit..id buy it back and still roll :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts