LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
fully front to back? its actually pretty easy, i did it on my 64. you need to crawl under and get familiar with it, order some gas line from NAPA, and start running the new one right where the old one is after u drain all the gass out of the lines. easy homie :cool:

·
Registered
795 Posts
easy, but dont forgot to have a cig lit just to keep you calm incase shit goes wrong. so you dont get all pissed off and lit up.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by tko_818@Jan 31 2010, 11:38 PM~16474677
fully front to back? its actually pretty easy, i did it on my 64. you need to crawl under and get familiar with it, order some gas line from NAPA, and start running the new one right where the old one is after u drain all the gass out of the lines. easy homie :cool:
Yea I want to do front to back for the gas line the bracket that holds the gas line rusted and I guess their is a hole somewhere because I stuck my hand by the gas line and the whole thing looks like it's all rusted and when I touched it I had gas on my hand. And do I have to bend the gas lines or our they pre-bent if they are not are they a pain in the ass to bend to get the same shape as the old ones?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by CRAZY_NDN604@Jan 31 2010, 11:59 PM~16474755
easy, but dont forgot to have a cig lit just to keep you calm incase shit goes wrong. so you dont get all pissed off and lit up.
Fuck the cig I rather have a nice fat blunt while I change the gas line :cool:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Feb 1 2010, 08:48 PM~16483926
Is it hard to bend the gas lines
no just dont screw it up and try to bend it back.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Feb 2 2010, 09:57 PM~16492980
Where can I get some gas line didn't see none at napa?
its the same as brake line- just get same diameter and your good to go-easiest way to bend it is to roll it over your hand(between the thumb and fore finger) never bend it like your breaking a stick with both hands-they sell tube benders but i cant use those damn things worth a shit,bends are to big and never fit where you need em :yessad:
you will need about 3 sticks of brake line and two female connecters :cool:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 2 2010, 10:53 PM~16495917
its the same as brake line- just get same diameter and your good to go-easiest way to bend it is to roll it over your hand(between the thumb and fore finger) never bend it like your breaking a stick with both hands-they sell tube benders but i cant use those damn things worth a shit,bends are to big and never fit where you need em :yessad:
you will need about 3 sticks of brake line and two female connecters  :cool:
x2 the man knows whats up :cool:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I use an old brake rotor to bend line. Best tubing bender ever. Three different radii, and you get the lugs to hold the line for tighter bends.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by jayoldschool@Feb 3 2010, 07:34 PM~16504369
I use an old brake rotor to bend line.  Best tubing bender ever.  Three different radii, and you get the lugs to hold the line for tighter bends.
that is one of the most brilliant things i have heard ina long time! :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Feb 4 2010, 08:08 PM~16515762
Anybody want to replace my gas line this week?
do it urself fooly! or if ur that set against it take it to any mechanic. its so easy anyone will do it

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by tko_818@Feb 4 2010, 07:25 PM~16515924
do it urself fooly! or if ur that set against it take it to any mechanic. its so easy anyone will do it
I meant to say does anybody know the O.D of the gas line? :cool:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3+Feb 4 2010, 11:08 PM~16515762-->
Anybody want to replace my gas line this week?
[/b]
if you were close to pittsburgh-i would take your cash for an easy ass hour or two :yes:

<!--QuoteBegin-tko_818
@Feb 4 2010, 11:25 PM~16515924
yeah-it really is easy as hell...just try it,the line is cheap,if you fuck it up use another stick and learn how to do it right-if you pay someone im sure your paying close to $200-if you buy extra line and fuck up a couple times and still get it ran right your still in $50 range ;)

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Feb 4 2010, 08:26 PM~16515936
I meant to say does anybody know the O.D of the gas line? :cool:
is it a daily driver? if not just chop a piece off and take it in to an auto parts store.. or run all new line, i would say 3/8s or 5/16s

1 - 20 of 42 Posts