LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago my car wouldnt start, found the problem, or so i thought, to be the fuel pump not pumping the gas to the carb,, i just put a new fuel pump on and no matter how long i crank it over for even the new pump will not pumpgas to the carb, but when i put my finger over the hole were the gas goes in it sucks prety hard so it is working, but it just inst sucking the gas. and i no my lines arent pinched because when i blow on the line that goes into the pump you can hear the gas bumbling inside the tank...
also, when i suck on that gas line, shouldnt it be a steady stream of gas coming down the line. because when i suck on it it feels like way down the line its sucking more air out of the tank than gas, almost like when your drinking something with a straw abd that last little bit mixes with air and it makes that slerping sound.

Last edited by uNtAuChAbLe at Sep 2 2003, 06:46 PM

·
Registered
386 Posts
well too me it sounds like the pick up in the tank is cloged, i believe u said that u blew air into the tank, well that should work just take your gas cap off and then get an compressor and blow it real hard so that gas shoots out the filler it should work
:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy shit,, thanks SOOOOOOO much, it started and is running like a champ now. and, i got to spray my dad in the face with gas,,,lol,, he was looking in the line when i blasted in the air...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts