LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was drivin home from the gym, the inside of my Regal smelled like a mix of gas/exhaust.....from an exhaust leak? somethign gone bad? since I'm on the subject the exhaust stinks some n sometimes smokes when i get on it....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
the gas smell might be a cat. converter er even exhaust leak under the car, as for the smoke it could be a number of things from oil burn off to coolant n the system what does your exhaust stink like, jus take a lil wiff dont breath alot in n tell me :biggrin:

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by sfvcruiser@Sep 29 2003, 02:43 AM
Sounds like bad Mexican food..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
i dont agree with the cat that usally smells like sulfer/rotten eggs

ur carb could be loading up or if it is a gm and it has the stock carb on it which wouyld be a rockford quadrajet id say thats ur problem

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it has a quadrajet n it kinda smells like sulfur...or it might be from an oil seal leak gettin in the chamber....I think I'm just gonna take the cat off n replace the O2 sensor

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ur not low89@Sep 29 2003, 04:47 PM
if it smells like sulfer not gas then it is the cat

quadrajets are bad for loading up
OK, so can i just take it off (cat)? n what's a good carb to replace it with? it's a 307

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
some times when i'm at a light i'll catch a lil whiff of gas comin from my ride or somtimes after a long drive when i park i can smell gas when i walk by the hood..

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same problem. Took the car in for emission inspection and it failed. (wasn't burning oil that goodness).

They said it might be the catilitic converter or maybe a pvc (?) valve.

You may have an emission related problem. I don't think it'll be an expensive fix.

Good luck.

LM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts