LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my gas line hopefully today and somebody told me to pull down the gas tank and I wanted to know should I disconnect the lines first going to the tank or can i remove the tank first and have enough line to have it on the ground then take them off?

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
not all the way to the ground but you can drop it down far enough to get in there and release the hoses. If theres no gas in it just drop it onto your chest and reach over and undo the hoses.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think its probably easier to remove the lines first..my two cents.....thats how i did it on my '65...it was pretty easy

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started on removing the bolts that hold in the gas line and also I took off the hoses that run to the gas tank but their is one bolt that I can not get and I can not get a tool under their so I need some help. I was thinking I can raise the driver side body up alittle to get the bolt off does anybody think this will work? And if so how many body mounts do I have to take off to do this?

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Mar 15 2010, 06:41 PM~16899160
I started on removing the bolts that hold in the gas line and also I took off the hoses that run to the gas tank but their is one bolt that I can not get and I can not get a tool under their so I need some help. I was thinking I can raise the driver side body up alittle to get the bolt off does anybody think this will work? And if so how many body mounts do I have to take off to do this?
You should not have to remove body mounts to get it off. What make/model/year car are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Mar 16 2010, 06:30 PM~16911051
You should not have to remove body mounts to get it off.  What make/model/year car are you referring to?
1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 door and the bolt is in the front on the driver side and I tried to get a tool in their and I have no luck

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Mar 16 2010, 09:06 PM~16911552
1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 door and the bolt is in the front on the driver side and I tried to get a tool in their and I have no luck
Ratchet with extension and socket should do it. What is it that's getting in the way, exhaust? Got a pic?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I need everybody's help I cut my gas line out today and I cut it into pieces and I want to know what's the best way to run the gas line without doing all the stupid bends that the factory did?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts