LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my gas line hopefully today and somebody told me to pull down the gas tank and I wanted to know should I disconnect the lines first going to the tank or can i remove the tank first and have enough line to have it on the ground then take them off?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started on removing the bolts that hold in the gas line and also I took off the hoses that run to the gas tank but their is one bolt that I can not get and I can not get a tool under their so I need some help. I was thinking I can raise the driver side body up alittle to get the bolt off does anybody think this will work? And if so how many body mounts do I have to take off to do this?

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Mar 15 2010, 06:41 PM~16899160
I started on removing the bolts that hold in the gas line and also I took off the hoses that run to the gas tank but their is one bolt that I can not get and I can not get a tool under their so I need some help. I was thinking I can raise the driver side body up alittle to get the bolt off does anybody think this will work? And if so how many body mounts do I have to take off to do this?
You should not have to remove body mounts to get it off. What make/model/year car are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Mar 16 2010, 06:30 PM~16911051
You should not have to remove body mounts to get it off.  What make/model/year car are you referring to?
1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 door and the bolt is in the front on the driver side and I tried to get a tool in their and I have no luck

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDER3@Mar 16 2010, 09:06 PM~16911552
1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 door and the bolt is in the front on the driver side and I tried to get a tool in their and I have no luck
Ratchet with extension and socket should do it. What is it that's getting in the way, exhaust? Got a pic?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I need everybody's help I cut my gas line out today and I cut it into pieces and I want to know what's the best way to run the gas line without doing all the stupid bends that the factory did?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts