LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever installed an amp meter/gauge (of sort) to measure the amp draw from your battery to your amplifier? If so, where can I get one, if theyre even made? I wanted a gadget to make sure my amp was getting all the juice it needed, plus i wanted a little more spice in my setup..

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would definately go with a digital voltmeter. Accuracy is whats its all about.

One point I'd like to make though. If you want to know how much voltage your amp is actually getting, don't just tap the voltmeter in anywhere; put the leads as close to the amplifier as possible.

Another thing to do is install 2 volt meters, one in front and one in back. This will allow you to see how much loss you're getting from the front to the back. This is especially nice when you run multiple batteries.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know where I can buy an amp meter to install inline with my amplifier?
Im already getting a 3xs crossover with a voltage readout..

Last edited by beatbox at Sep 2 2003, 08:54 AM

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by beatbox@Sep 2 2003, 09:52 AM
Do you know where I can buy an amp meter to install inline with my amplifier?
Im already getting a 3xs crossover with a voltage readout..
My voltmeters came from the custom group (manufacturer of bostwick). You can try getting in touch with them. They should still ahev some nice ones. Lots of other companies make them, but I'm not all too familiar with them...

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Stinger sells a nice one for under $20. Their always on eBay, or Darvex sells them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts