LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im in the middle of removing my rear axle to do some welding and now need to either cut the e brake cable or remove it

how hard is it to remove the cable from inside the car at the lever?

or is it easier to rip apart the brake hub?

what do you guys usually do? just cut the damn thing?

·
Registered
795 Posts
i use my retarded man strength and rip that fucker out. who needs a e brake, pussies?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol right

thats what i was saying to my bro plus its an automatic

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by maladora@Feb 15 2010, 03:44 AM~16615876
so im in the middle of removing my rear axle to do some welding and now need to either cut the e brake cable or remove it
how hard is it to remove the cable from inside the car at the lever?

or is it easier to rip apart the brake hub?

what do you guys usually do? just cut the damn thing?
you have to take your shoes completly off,then you have to take e brake bracket off and un hook cable-then the cable is a bitch to get out,it has 10-14 lil metal tabs that spread out that you have to press in with a screwdriver and wiggle the shit out of em at the same time-same up front,its a bitch getting cable out but it can be done
and i agree really no need for ebrakes on auto trans,but definatly get a longer flex hose on rear end and run rear brakes ;)

·
18,723 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 15 2010, 08:33 AM~16616546
you have to take your shoes completly off,then you have to take e brake bracket off and un hook cable-then the cable is a bitch to get out,it has 10-14 lil metal tabs that spread out that you have to press in with a screwdriver and wiggle the shit out of em at the same time-same up front,its a bitch getting cable out but it can be done
and i agree really no need for ebrakes on auto trans,but definatly get a longer flex hose on rear end and run rear brakes  ;)
lol i tried yanking on that fucker from the front driver wheel well to get it through the firewall, but that bitch wouldnt budge!! Had to do it the "right" way :(

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@Feb 16 2010, 12:08 AM~16623101
lol i tried yanking on that fucker from the front driver wheel well to get it through the firewall, but that bitch wouldnt budge!!  Had to do it the "right" way :(
yeah they are a pain in the ass lol-you could cut em and pull em through the opposite way,i like to get things out in one piece tho,always been that way unless im striiping a car thats getting junked,like one i have bought cheap just to get a spare frame,i cut the shit out of those but never my drivable :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts