LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm in need of some help. My 84 regal was running perfect the whole time for a while and now when I drive it once it gets to 40-45mph it doesn't go past that and once it gets there it just stops speeding up and just hesitates till I slow down. Anyone know what it could be? Need more info of the problems or of the car just ask. Trying to get this on the streets again :/. Thanks.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im going to say your fuel filter is plugged or your choke is sticking. i would start changing parts like your coil, check your cap and rotter make sure nothings broken or dirty
gonna check the choke hopefully that's what it is.... might just replace it actually.... coil cap and rottER?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
open up your distibuter cap and check your rotor it might be broken or dirty and swap out your coil pack on the distibuter hit the timing light. you might even have a cadylitivc converter plugged hit the cat with a rubber hammer

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
open up your distibuter cap and check your rotor it might be broken or dirty and swap out your coil pack on the distibuter hit the timing light. you might even have a cadylitivc converter plugged hit the cat with a rubber hammer
Damn you are great help Ialreafy fixed one problem thanks to you now gonna check te cat. Aldo another problem is now the car shuts off out of nowhere so I can't move it cuz once in idle after starting up after a little bit it shitsogg. Maybe som

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
could be a bad battery, corrotion in your battery cable loose starter wires. take your air filter cover off and put a screw driver in your carb choke butterfly fire it up see if it stays on could be closing causing your car to die

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the car started. Air in the fuel lines was causing it. Gonna replace all of the lines with new ones. Could have holes or something do to Rot from the car sitting from the previous owner. Also mechanic will change my fuel pump in hopefully it going passed 45 :). Choke replaced and leaking out air in fuel lines and now car running :). Past problem to go be4 gonna start actually building it hopefully.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts