LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a meth head break into my shop and camp out in my Impala for the weekend a few months ago. Long story short, he took a blue bic pen and drew along all the stiching on my white seats in the front and rear, drew along all the grooves on the white door panels, stabbed holes in the headliner and put out a carton of cigarettes into the drivers side carpet.
I tried to clean the ink off and it just turned purple and soaked into the vinyl :angry:

I have to replace the interior now and I've seen the OEM interiors from Impala Bob and other places, which I'm willing to go with if I can't find something clean and custom.

Generally speaking, how much would OEM style seat covers and door panels in leather or leather w/ suede inserts cost? None of the local shops in Salt Lake have much experiance with this ish, so I might have to find a good shop out of state

Any ideas would be great........

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by Swazo@Aug 20 2006, 01:13 PM~6004758
I had a meth head break into my shop and camp out in my Impala for the weekend a few months ago. Long story short, he took a blue bic pen and drew along all the stiching on my white seats in the front and rear, drew along all the grooves on the white door panels, stabbed holes in the headliner and put out a carton of cigarettes into the drivers side carpet.
I tried to clean the ink off and it just turned purple and soaked into the vinyl  :angry:
sorry i can't help you, but

L M A MUTHAFUCKIN O

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's bullshit, the interior was original and was still in perfect shape :( Weak assed tweaker...

I'm shopping around for prices with some shops in SoCal. I guess we'll see if what I want will be worth while or not. I also have front and rear cream leather seats out of a '00 Eldo I'd ditch the head rests out of and have recovered for a custom interior.

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
You're probably looking at 1500-2000 for that if you want real Leather and Suede. Material and labor for the doors and seats.

A complete cars one kit (everything) goes for about 2300 installed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tweaker got what was coming to him ;)

Crenshaw, that's what I've been getting for quotes so far. Not as much as I thought it would be. The leather/suede should add a nice feel for the car when it's done :cool: BTW, good luck with your 64 build!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
where are you at?

how close are you to TJ?

I know for a fact there are some quality shops over there that do quality work for 1/3 of the price. you can get a FULL interior for about $600-$700 stitched up and installed in about 3-4 hours.

if your close HIT ME BACK! and i'll get you some info.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
:uh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Rollin62Impala@Aug 27 2006, 01:52 PM~6053297
where are you at?

how close are you to TJ?

I know for a fact there are some quality shops over there that do quality work for 1/3 of the price. you can get a FULL interior for about $600-$700 stitched up and installed in about 3-4 hours.

if your close HIT ME BACK! and i'll get you some info.
I'm in Salt Lake, but I have family all through out SoCal..... so TJ is somewhere I've thought about hittin up.

I'd probably take the seats and door panels in the back of my truck..... not sure I'd take the Imp down there :biggrin:

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
Originally posted by Swazo@Aug 26 2006, 06:06 PM~6049591
The tweaker got what was coming to him  ;)

Crenshaw, that's what I've been getting for quotes so far. Not as much as I thought it would be. The leather/suede should add a nice feel for the car when it's done  :cool: BTW, good luck with your 64 build!
Thanks homie. :cheesy:

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Originally posted by Swazo@Aug 29 2006, 08:44 PM~6069730
I'm in Salt Lake, but I have family all through out SoCal..... so TJ is somewhere I've thought about hittin up.

I'd probably take the seats and door panels in the back of my truck..... not sure I'd take the Imp down there  :biggrin:
YOURE IN SALTLAKE HIT UP THE UTAH TOPIC IN LOWRIDER GENERAL, THERE ARE GUYS THAT CAN POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THAT IS IN YOUR CITY, AND YOU CAN CONNECT WITH US RIDERS FROM THERE. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts