LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I cut to make it a permanent conertible?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
no where :) not a vert, only a chop top :)

make sure you reinforce inside before you cut

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
heres some pics of my old cutty. maybe they will help

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
^--- that shit clean as fuck..

yea, make sure you brace and reinforce underbody and interior that way it wont flex during construction and teardown..

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Why is everyone tellin me not to chop it? The roof is fucke dup as it is, shitty as sunroof hole from previous owner and the 1/4 windows are all etched and I don't wanna spend 500 on a new top. What and where and how do I brace the inside?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I wouldn't recommend cutting the top off. Sure it looks cool and all but think about what happens when you try to sell it to start that next project. Not many people are going to be willing to spend a lot of money on a car that doesn't have a roof. I'm always seeing these cars in the junkyards. Do you have a garage to keep it in? If not, then spend a little money and get your roof fixed. Better yet, save your money and get a better car.

And a car without a roof is not a convertible. It is just a cut up car.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Yeah I got a 16 car garage I can keep it in ;) so that ain't a problem. Well I don't think I'd be sellin this one. Not alot of chopped cars around hre in Northern Nevada so I think it'd be a good investment. Anyone help me where to brace it?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by SwitchedUpUnibody@Aug 9 2005, 06:21 PM~3572891
Yeah I got a 16 car garage I can keep it in ;) so that ain't a problem. Well I don't think I'd be sellin this one. Not alot of chopped cars around hre in Northern Nevada so I think it'd be a good investment. Anyone help me where to brace it?
why do you have like 5 difrent names on layitlow? :uh:

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I only have two, 1lowcalais and this one :puffin:

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Aug 10 2005, 03:18 AM~3574810
or... u could put a working top and not worry about it... ;)
Man i would love to do that to the regal. the only thing is that noone wants to give up the secret where the top is from or how to do it. :uh: :uh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts