LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gotta a 2pump 6 batt setup in the trunk of my 93 fleetwood

2 pumps front center 3 batts on the far left, 3 batts on the far right.

i got 2 twelves i'm tryin to get in there sum how, any body got sum good suggestions?

is there a real small box out there for 12's

can i build them into the seat?

thanx

·
Registered
22,216 Posts
I would suggest gettiing a real small box and putting the 12's behind your pumps. Usually people design there hydros around the sound system. But in this case you might want to redue your hydros arrangement to aquire your subwoofer enclosure. Stop at a local pawn shop or Circuit City and check out the smallest cabinet that you can get. If worse comes to worse and you want to leave your hydros as is, then you might want to think along the line of getting 10's or 8's.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i had the exact same problem with my lincoln.
i made the rack around my subs, then i down sized to 10's, then i said fuck it and built my 2 12's into my rear deck.
what i did is my previous box i just measured it then measured my rear deck, turned out i had enough room to mount my box in my rear deck by just cutting out the top sheet metal.
now when you look in the back all you see is 2 polk dx 12's that looks like it's made into the rear deck. i also covered the whole deck in foam to build up to the box, then covered it in black vinal with a button tuck. it took about 1 1/2 hours to do.
i'll post pics....

this is how i had it before, i just didn't like it, plus the sound was muffled. it pounds real hard now..btw i hit a 149.8 runnin outlaw with this set-up when it was in my trunk, can't wait till next year to see what it does now!

here is the foam i used. 1" foam i got for free at work! :biggrin: thats veto213 workin on it.

last 1

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
All you have to do is leave that batteries like you have them and put the pumps in between the two banks. That leaves you with all the space by the backseat to work with and trust me you can fit 2 12" speakers in a nice sized box.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
I will let you know, I am about to do the same install in a 95 Buick, so I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
tha best thing to do is move ur pumps all tha way to tha back and mount em in a angle so u'v got lots of space for a custom enclosure behind ur back seat between ur cylinders all tha way up to ur pumps. or u could move ur pumps behind tha seat and build a box between tha batterys but then its gonna be hard to get to ur pumps and put oil n shit in em. unless u wanna put ur back seat down to do shit like that but it will still be hard.

·
Registered
22,216 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Dec 28 2003, 02:40 AM
i had the exact same problem with my lincoln.
i made the rack around my subs, then i down sized to 10's, then i said fuck it and built my 2 12's into my rear deck.
what i did is my previous box i just measured it then measured my rear deck, turned out i had enough room to mount my box in my rear deck by just cutting out the top sheet metal.
now when you look in the back all you see is 2 polk dx 12's that looks like it's made into the rear deck. i also covered the whole deck in foam to build up to the box, then covered it in black vinal with a button tuck. it took about 1 1/2 hours to do.
i'll post pics....

this is how i had it before, i just didn't like it, plus the sound was muffled. it pounds real hard now..btw i hit a 149.8 runnin outlaw with this set-up when it was in my trunk, can't wait till next year to see what it does now!

here is the foam i used. 1" foam i got for free at work! :biggrin: thats veto213 workin on it.

last 1
nice set up man.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn thas sum nice shyt.

but i already mounted my pumps

it looks like this setup except the pumps are closer to each other

i'll have to take out the back seat probllay to get subs in there i dont think its gonna fit through the trunk

Last edited by CadillacGrill21 at Dec 30 2003, 05:59 AM

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
comeon now u gotta cadillac i think u should have enogh space in there the trunk is big enogh.... if it looks like that disconect ur pumps and take it to a stereo shop and get a custom made box to fit between the pistons and then do a beauty panle to hide to empty sides ....like wut everyone one else is saying use ur imagination ............. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts