LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 77 coupe deville. i really dont have alot of garage to work. i know the body has got to be heavy as hell. how can i remove it with out any special machinery. can me and a couple homies lift it off or what?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
thats a heavy body man. youll need your whole posse to do it that way LOL

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got a 87 Cadillac Brougham that i am doing a full frame wrap on outside with no garage. What i did, I used two floor jack and some 4x4s. First, Raise the body up high enough with the jacks to slide the 4x4s inbetween the frame and the body. Be carefull where you jack it up at. Cause you can bend the floor pans. Use some wood inbetween the jack and body. I found that where the body mounts go and at the radiator support helps. Have the 4x4s longer than the width of the car. Once you get the the 4x4s in place, use jack stands to hold the body up and move the floor jacks to the outside of the body(one on each side). And jack the body rest of the way up by the extra 4x4 sticking out of the sides. Once u get it high enough just slide the frame out of the side. It helps to remove the coil springs too. You need more help just holla

·
Registered
321 Posts
Four guys to lift, one to raise the jackstands and shit would be the minimum to such a heavy body if you want to pull it off in one lift. Jacking and blocking it gradually can be done by yourself but it takes time and you must be very careful not to tip your body over.

I once did it this way. Jack one corner up, then I nailed some blocks of wood together, and raised another corner, then I put the floorjack on some blocks and raised again until I got it high enough to roll the frame off under it. It almost took the whole day so getting some friends together and buying a lot of beer for them would be faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts