LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive always wanted a lowrider and i finally have the money to do it. but i like my money and dont want to spend much. i dont have to be able to bounce it, but i want to go up, down, and three wheel it. im looking at a 85 monte carlo that i found with 20 inch wires. i just want a basic set up for as cheap as posible. i need to know just about every thing from batteries to springs. any thing would be helpfull.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Originally posted by dontnomuch@Jul 21 2005, 11:59 PM
ive always wanted a lowrider and i finally have the money to do it.  but i like my money and dont want to spend much.  i dont have to be able to bounce it, but i want to go up, down, and three wheel it.  im looking at a 85 monte carlo that i found with 20 inch wires.  i just want a basic set up for as cheap as posible.  i need to know just about every thing from batteries to springs.  any thing would be helpfull.
[snapback]3451791[/snapback]​
20 inch wires. :uh:

·
Registered
709 Posts
roll on some 13's homie or at least on the stocks dont get 20's :twak: :twak: :twak:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Originally posted by mack29730@Jul 22 2005, 02:41 AM
Sell 20's get 13 or 14's with 1in white wall. og style :cool:
[snapback]3454820[/snapback]​

say word

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
20's and 3 wheel dont match. :thumbsdown:

you'll want a little play later on,most people start out with an off the shelf 2 pump 4 dump fbss sytem, and its performance will be totally based on system setup and design.

a good starting point for batts is either 36 or 48 volts, and that could be anywhere from 3 to 8 batts. I always tell guys to use the stock front springs in the rear, chopped to the heght you want. As for front springs.You wont need any 5 tons or anything, problly 3 tons at the most. you'll need 8" cylinders in the front, and 10's or bigger in the back

Just start looking around for setups like i described and get an idea on what you want to do.That car is a pretty common style to be juiced, just not with dubs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i thought about the wheels, the only reasone i mentioned the 20's is becuase they are already on the car. so i think the 2005 Special FBSS Complete Kit from prohopper with 4 batteries will do just fine. BTW i live in north VA and want to know if anyone knows a place close where i can have it installed and about how much would instalation cost me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts