LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building this for my mmats p2.5 15"

here is some wood working... decided to do an amp rack and a made some opening for the crossover's...

now im pretty good when it comes to wood, but glass'n is a totally different story (this was my first time ever attempting this shit)

i watched a dvd by glass works and thought "that shit looks hella simple" dont be fooled ninjas, takes a good bit a practice i think...

i used trunk liner (as they did) and stapled and glued... resined the outside, then made a milkshake (resin, cabosil, and hardner) and coated the inside and outside(i had to cut a area out the back to get to the inside just how they did)

here is a a free air vid i shot of the new kid on the block... this was done at about 275wRMS on a 25hz and 27hz test tone

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=24dja1h

i had to fight my ass off with this damn thing, so tomorrow im doin the bondo and i think imma be doin ALOT of it, if the shit doesnt start lookin right then im just trashing the enclosure and building a standard truck wedge vented enclosure...

that milk shake shit is pretty serious, it got on my forearm and i felt like i was on fire! plus it made the box pretty damn hard...

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Just be patient when working on the sanding. I do the very beginning with a DA then I do it by hand. You enclosure looks very nice! Wish I had a better router and more time.

Keep up the good work, looks very nice!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wish i had bought a router instead of that fuckin rotozip, i broke the shit out of aggrivation yesterday...

so i did all the curvage with my dewalt orbital and jigsaw

thanks for the love folks, i got two coats of dura on so right now i can stand on the "weakest" area of the box (the top) with no problem (i wiegh 230lbs so thats pretty good)

i 4got to take pics but tomorrow im sanding and putting on the rage gold, sanding and spraying the primer (cant wait)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, i hit the duraglass with 40 grit, then 60 grit
then put the ragegold on, hit it with a 80 grit
then re-applied the ragegold and hit it again with 80
sprayed two coats of sandable primer (the black stuff)
and now im at the stage where i need to hit it with a 120, then 220, then 320...

imma wipe her down and then give her about 3 coats of this nice blackish, greyish spray i found by duplicolor...

i'm gunning to be done and wiring the box by the end of thursday!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
painted, just gotta get shit installed.... didnt come out as GREAT as i imagined but its close... i mean, shit, this is my first time building a fiberglass'd enclosure... i prolly shoulda tried my first box on something that wasnt 62"long, 17" tall, bottom depth 11.75", but too late now ;)

almost couldnt get this big bitch in there! its 1.5" space between the pole and the rear of the enclosure

i love the color, its like a candied greyish black color made by rustoeleum... its called "black night metallic"

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
DAMN BRO!! that looks crazy :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by BigDaddyHustle@Aug 26 2006, 08:59 PM~6049819
shit looks good man. great work, im really impressed, you made that shit look way easier what it is. let us know how it sounds.

shittin me, that box had me bent out of shape... i can recall atleast twice when i almost took the jig saw and cut the bitch in half and call it a day... sale the sub and rock the door speakers lol

i'm gonna use some resin and mat to reattach the cut out on the back panel after i run the wires, then im gonna go ahead and install it, then i gotta finish up on the front panel for the amp rack (piece iwth the view window and fans) and then i move on to my kick panels... im just eager to feel and hear the force of this 15"...

·
Registered
873 Posts
what did you give for that sub anyway? all the people talkin about single sub systems got me lookin around. someone on ebay has a WMD 15 i was looking at.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by BigDaddyHustle@Aug 27 2006, 11:22 PM~6056275
what did you give for that sub anyway? all the people talkin about single sub systems got me lookin around. someone on ebay has a WMD 15 i was looking at.

$200 shipped i believe

its the MMATS P2.5 15"

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeh guys, i installed it but guess what, I BLEW THE BITCH UP lol

it's loud, no doubt, it had my rear window and back shacking hard but then i looked over and saw a thick cloud of smoke comming out of the port so, oh well, i guess 500w @ 1ohm is too much for it @ a 34hz test tone!

i mean, i just blew $200 bucks on a sub, and basically $200 bucks on the enclosure but you know what, i could care less though because ascendent audio's 15" arsenal been callin my name!

·
Registered
873 Posts
sorry to hear it bro, i blew two more mtx's last night, but that only puts me out 30$ shipped. lol
i have that one planet audio 10 in there now, i wish to god i could have got 2 of those, that thing sounds so dam good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts